Annual Cyborg Meet-up šŸ¤–

Charging into the future!

5 Likes

ā€œA charger in every bunk, and chip in every armā€ā€¦ - shortest 2024 presidential run, Guinness Book of World Records, 2025

6 Likes

You really should get more subshineā€¦ Incidentally, whoā€™s the tall dude on the left?

6 Likes

Iā€™m down! just need a time/place. Lol, definitely might be awhile before this happens though

1 Like

Cyborg Summer Camp

2 Likes

Just realized this might be a perfect time for me to do my research, and wait until some kind of meetup to actually get the implant done.

1 Like

Severely necro-ing this thread.

arise.
Arise.
ARISE!

The reason? I just got my first round of vaccine(in Arkansas). If all goes to schedule, Iā€™ll be fully immunized by late April. Apparently the state of Alaska has already opened immunization to all residents over 16. I donā€™t know the rest of the worldā€™s progress, but things are starting to move, to change, and we could be back to a new normal by Fall ~ ish.

A gathering takes time to plan, and now that the pandemic has an exit strategy, maybe itā€™s time we revisit the gathering.

5 Likes

I wouldnā€™t count on it :sweat_smile: but maybe Iā€™m just being a pessimist

1 Like

Iā€™ll just drive down.

1 Like

Germany, famous for its bureaucracy and organisational talent (hahā€¦) just seriously fucks up everything. The numbers of people already vaccinated are just sadā€¦ things are starting to roll here, but it is so incredibly slow compared toā€¦ well, almost every other country I heard of. Sigh.

How has nobody suggested, that you could send tag credentials out ahead of time and thatā€™s how you get in the door

Can set up a station to enroll uids users outside that struggle with the programming side of things

I can also so contest shenanigans
ā€œChallenge: sniff a uid from Amalā€™s implants (that are specifically set up for said contest)

125 posts were split to a new topic: Virtual Cyborg Meet-Up and VR Equipment :dark_sunglasses:

Indiana has still only opened it to those over 50 years old :frowning: I absolutely cannot wait for mine, very excited when the day eventually comes.

Thankfully, it sounds like all states here should be good by early May at the latest, with the current vaccination rate + the latest purchase of doses.

Hey, in Germany weā€™re currently at 70+ā€¦ and we have far less residents than the US :wink:

1 Like

I read something the other day to the effect of, Native American tribal goverments have finished vaccinations, and are moving on to off-reservation people. Totally kick-ass in my opinion.

When I found out theyā€™d opened up my group, I registered as soon as I could get to the internet, and had it in my arm the NEXT DAY.

I think the goal is everybody who wants one by the end of May? Seems pretty achievable to me.

See, there is the problemā€¦

People, huh?

Weā€™ll get enough to grind it to a halt.

NZ just started rolling out vaccinations about 2 Months ago.

1. First were the vaccinators,
  2. Then Border And Quarintine facility workers
  3. Then Front line and higher risk environments
  4. Then persons with High Risk medical situations
  5. Then General Population

Now the big question is.
About a year ago I had just planned and booked a 6-8 week working holiday to the olā€™ US of A, BUT Covid was ā€œbecoming a thingā€ and our border closed so my plans were cancelled.
Fast forward around 3 months later when I was planned to be touring your country from East to West, Covid :microbe: had kicked into full swing and uncontrolled it was killing people by the thousands daily.
Then there was shootings, armed protests (Terrorism) rioting in the streets.

IF YOU GUYS ARE PLANNING MORE OF THAT SORT OFā€¦ ACTIVITY, AROUND THE ā€œCYBORG MEET-UP DATESā€

Can you give a guy a little heads up.
Cheers :beers: that would be appreciated.

Infact, Canada :canada: is just over the Border from Amal in Seattleā€¦maybe we could have it there.

200 (3)

Cases are low in Canada but vaccine rollout has been waaaaayyyy slow up there and they keeping the border closed.

2 Likes

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Virtual Cyborg Meet-Up and VR Equipment :dark_sunglasses: