Anyone using the Apex for Webauthn on Linux

I published an AUR package at AUR (en) - libfido2-full . The Arch default libfido2 does not have support for PC/SC (smartcard) devices.

I’m not going to give you enormously detailed instructions, but the high level steps are:

1. Get to a state where the pcsc_scan command is available
  2. Get to a state where executing pcsc_scan shows your card reader (hint: be running pcscd)
  3. Get to a state where the fido2-token command is available
  4. Get to a state where the fido2-token -L command shows your implant when it’s near the reader (hint: libfido2-full not the normal libfido2)

If by “this” you mean “webauthn on Linux”, you’re technically there at step four. If you want to do it in Firefox or Chrome you will also need software like I’ve linked above to pretend to be a USB authenticator for software that - like Chrome and Firefox on Linux - only supports FIDO2 over USB.

2 Likes

Thank you!

I don’t think pcsc_scan is showing my reader. It’s an ACR1252U.

Had to install Arch Linux - acsccid 1.1.10-1 (x86_64)

The fido2-token command is available but I can’t seem to get my implant to appear from fido2-token -L or

So I completed step 4 successfully and installed your AUR package. But I still am not getting a “system” prompt with Firefox, Firefox does prompt however.

Yes, now what you are running into is that Firefox only supports USB tokens.

Use one of the gateways from the top of this thread.