Aravae's Installation Thread

2 Day Update:

Healing has been going fantastic. I’m keepping up with the prenatals and arnica montana, and have had zero swelling. Only the barest bruising on the left side, right side is just the tiniest numb above the Spark. Both seem to have come to rest in roughly the same spot despite the NExT’s insertion point being a good 3/8" closer toward the wrist. Both are also getting super clean reads since even yesterday through the bandages, so I’m happy about that. Means I can play around sooner (carefully). :laughing: All in all, I’m just a bit bummed no blinky in my NExT. xD Pretty damn good outcome if that’s the worst of my concerns.

7 Likes

Feeling it out, the NExT is actually pretty damn close to the injection site. I’ll need to be careful to basically not use my left hand for any lifting and squeezing for the next few weeks so I don’t have to worry about it popping out from the scab…

4 Likes

I agree, don’t put stress on it while it heals. However, you should be able to do most things within two weeks.

3 Likes

NExT2

3 Likes

I did mine myself, with my left hand to my right. But, I don’t trust my right hand to not be stupid, so I had a medic do my left hand. Wasn’t bad at all. Don’t waste your time on the pain patches. They don’t help enough to make a difference, and it’s quicker just to clean real good and stick it.

1 Like

Day 4:

Well, the day started off fine.

Had to go back to work though, and I thought this was a day we wouldn’t have our doctor in the office. Turns out I was wrong. So instead of a nice, calm day followed by a day off tomorrow, I’m having to gingerly work on a bunch of fine manipulation tasks nonstop. :skull:

Installation sites are sore and I’m getting a cold sensation from them. I need to slow down even further and just tell patients I’m sorry but I have to go a bit slow right now. Last thing I want is for my NExT to pop. :persevere: I don’t think I’m in any danger of that yet, but it’s at the forefront of my mind.

2 Likes

If it helps ease the worries, I got my NExT and xSIID in L3 and L0 on a Friday afternoon, went back to welding school Monday morning picking up sheets of metal, using grinders, slag hammers, wire brushes, welders, and such, and had no issue besides my xSIID rotating 45° which I think that was due to the injection angle and how my installer tented my skin (was only her 2nd and 3rd installs). I had a cold feeling too for probably a week and a half when I was using my hands more often. My xG3 felt really cold whenever I was outside in the cold but went away quick too.
I used a bandaid over each injection site, and used medical tape wrap around my wrist and up to the bandaid to keep the bandaids on during school hours to reduce risk of infection, but took them off at the end of school to let the sites breathe. If you’re still worried about them moving to the injection site and back out, might be able to do something similar with a toothpick broken into thirds underneath the bandaid to ensure the glassie can’t escape.
Either way, hope your implants stay nice and neat in their locations!

4 Likes

Well, two months later! Lots happened in life. Both implants are still sitting right where they should be, and I use them daily for home access with the Laxre lock off the compatibility matrix. I’d wanted to join in the social media and meme contests, but I lost my job and motivation dropped off. Hope everyone’s been safe and enjoying life! =)

4 Likes

That’s awesome

That’s not ideal, but it’s only a negative if you see it that way…

This should be easily correctable, there is no point dwelling in the past nor on things you can’t change, rather see it as an opportunity to make a positive change.
Look to the future, what do you want to achieve? And work out what you need to do to get there

5 Likes

Is there a meme for when you find out the cake is a lie?

1 Like

Then you MAKE YOUR OWN CAKE

ohhhh, Or a Lemon Meringue … I love Lemon Meringue, but not that mock lemon rubbish, it has to be real :lemon:

has this derailed far enough from an installation thread yet?

3 Likes

Why did you leave out the part where GLaDOS talks about burning people? Are you trying to hide something, @Pilgrimsmaster? And do AIs think alike?

2 Likes

ALLTHEBLINKYOMG!

That flexnt and next2 look sweet too. my body is ready

1 Like