Bank payment ring

Well, I get to talk about it to people as a result. It comes under a deduction as something used in my employment.

sort of redundant…
You basically can’t make a decent NFC implant out of a regular payment card which also has an insertion chip. (even if you do take it out and make it work, after X payments it will ask you to insert the card…)

Hence the question…
Does that beauty requires you to present your card at any point? or is it 100% nfc?
(since it’s linked to a card…)

Also… yep, thanks for sharing!!

2 Likes

I am not sure about the UK, but here in Australia we don’t insert our card ever like you can if you want, but it doesn’t have a certain amount of times before it wants to double-check you are using a physical card. Most people don’t carry around a card if they have to, seeing as almost everywhere can accept the phone tapping pay.

And there we have yet another item on my ever growing list of reasons to give up of UK and move into Australia.

2 Likes

Been a few years since I was in Oz but here in Canada purchases over $100 you have to insert… is it the same there?

Nope. Over $100 we have to enter a PIN instead of being able to tap without pin, but we never have to insert

1 Like

also something slightly worrying, sometimes even over $100 will not require a pin… only now just realised that (got a new car key cut this week) i will have to look into that…

The major banks all raised the limit temporarily due to COVID up to i think a couple hundred, so thats not surprising. It’ll go back down when its safe to touch things!

2 Likes

Not a thing here in Aus, which is where Bankwest is.

100% NFC, it’s linked to a transaction account, not so much a card.

Just enter a PIN

Compgeek is correct - they doubled the limit for a while

1 Like

What I mean to say is you can’t tap and use a PIN, you have to insert and use a PIN

Well I believe you can on these ones at least