Blood type encoding on vCard

Thanks Devil!
Unfortunately in NZ you would be deemed to have “mud blood” and wouldnt be able to donate.:drop_of_blood:
Thanks to your Crazy cows :woozy_face::cow2: of the 80s

https://www.nzblood.co.nz/give-blood/donating/am-i-eligible/variant-creutzfeldt-jakob-disease-vcjd/

That nicely much sums up how useful I deduced those things truly are. No need for a tacticool NFC implant neither then :slight_smile:

I wish I had been born AB+, so I could wear a humorous tag that says “Blood type: whatever you have in store mate”. I wouldn’t even have opened that thread either then. Sadly, my mama and my papa saw it fit to give me a negative rhesus factor, so being AB isn’t even that useful.

1 Like

Pretty lucky, AND AB+ Plasma is like liquid gold also

Lol Devil’s not old enough.

1 Like

It did go up until 1996…so :man_shrugging:t3: maybe?

what sort of information do you think these people WOULD like to have access to? name? emergency contact person? known allergies? current drug prescriptions? active diagnosis?

Not sure they really care much beyond getting you to the hospital in the same or better state.

They can’t declare you dead (where I am ) so they rush you to a hospital to either get treated or not.

Short answer, yes :slightly_smiling_face:

Longer answer, I don’t think they care about your name, emergency contact, or deteriorating eye sight until you’re stable. My limited understanding of emergency medical care is they’ll do anything that’s ‘better than being dead’. Maybe current medication and pharmaceutical allergies could be useful details in this case if they can get it quickly and verify it’s accurate

If the pre-hospital teams can find some ID then when you arrive at hospital your NHS number will give the hospital teams basic stuff like contact details, DOB, maybe allergies, maybe blood type maybe active diagnosis and medications all very quickly. The blood bank will still require a fresh sample to issue cross matched blood though. A junior doctor then could go through your records and find out more.

Thinking about it though if you wanted to put useful info on a chip for this particular situation then name, DOB, NHS number and allergy status could potentially be useful but I still doubt a crew would find an implant or know what to do with it,

1 Like

Ikr it so weird, In the uk if you have ever received a blood transfusion you cant donate for that reason.

Oh and @Satur9 you checky bugger, Andy seems to think im ancient its a persona really :rofl:

1 Like