Blooswitch documentation

Psst key kid, want a blooswitch?

3 Likes

giphy (1)

For real though, I would appreciate it. I’ll send over an updated APK to @LndSqd in a few, hopefully that fixes it. I’ve got a BLE device I should be able to use to test detection for the moment, at least.

1 Like

If it works post it yo :wink:

1 Like

Hey @LndSqd, what exact android version are you using? Need to know to ensure I build for the right version

1 Like

1 Like

Okay, I think I might have done it. I had to self-sign it for now, so you’ll likely get a few Play Protect warnings. Just click through to skip them. I don’t get a version warning, it should be built for the proper android version now. I don’t have a Blooswitch (yet :wink:) so it’s hard for me to test.

Make sure you uninstall the version you currently have before installing this one.

APK LINK HERE :arrow_down: :arrow_down: :arrow_down:
blooswitch.apk (2.3 MB)

2 Likes

Seems like some success with my limited testing, but I need someone with a BlooSwitch to confirm (or I can in a few days when the Blooswitch from Amal gets here).

I tweaked the scanning code to remove the device filter (aka the BLE service UUID checking), to ensure that the BLE stack was operating correctly.

Obviously with the filter off, it thinks everything is a Blooswitch, but it proves that the BLE stack is running on this version.

Sidenote: damn this thing was a pain to build. I guess that’s what happens when an app isn’t updated for nearly 5 years.

This is the most progress I’ve had so far!!!

So now I’ll add a separate power sources and use the blooswitch to control a relay

1 Like

So it showed up and connected in the app, with the version I uploaded?

1 Like

Yessir. I had to disconnect via bT settings and let it connect via the app. But it worked with the new APK!!!

1 Like

Yep, not surprised about having to disconnect in BT settings, generally with BLE devices it’s all managed per app. Glad to hear that it’s working fine now. I’ll talk to Amal (probably tomorrow, assuming he’s asleep rn? idk) and try and get the updated version pushed to the play store at some point (considering the last update was pushed during the Obama administration…). I’ll probably do a pull request soon to update the readme on the GitHub repo as well, the instructions are VERY wrong now, and need a lot more info.

3 Likes

Correct polarity going to blooswitch board and 9v controlling the relay?

Can the bird support a 9v button press?

Activating the relay?

Could you clarify what you’re asking? What’s the coil voltage of the relay that you’re trying to use? And what are you connecting to the relay?

Simple circuit.

I’m trying to use the blooswitch to act as my “button” on port 1

Ahhh ok. There’s just a lot of resistance across the ports.

took 14.5v to light up a 5v led but it works. Thank you for your hard work I will now use this device and your hard work to automate my life and become lazier

1 Like

Nice :smiley: glad it helped

1 Like

I’m just glad I didn’t smoke this one too!
Got very worried as the voltage went up. Until I checked the resistance when the circuit was closed.

Also I found a bit more info on an old article from 2015, " The Switcheroo has 4 opto-isolated outputs that can switch DC voltages from 2v to 24v DC and up to 150mA of current.". So it should be able to do 9V just fine, if you still needed it.

1 Like

I wonder how I can control something without killing the voltage.

Using the blooswitch the vin dropped from 14.8. Down to just 2v. That’s a lot of resistance.

I’m not an electrical engineer. The circuit works great. But just curious

That does not seems to be correct… I would not expect such high resistance, but I also haven’t looked much into the blooswitch. What are you trying to drive, and what is the wiring?