Brain scan implant that DT could (almost) build now

You’d have to rig the usb to run a prestaged setup

Imagine screen recording an entire day of work, and then having it play on screen at 10-20x speed

I had to wear something similar in primary school for a week cuz I was getting 20+ déjà vu per day

Any interesting results?

Oh, it wasn’t quite as crazy as the NIRScout, just an EEG… but I had to wear that hat kinda thing hooked up to a little computer for a week.

I meant, AFTER the week of silly hat day

Did the funputer record anything interesting or have any interesting reports?

Unfortunately, no. I just have a very strange brain. (mis)diagnosed with temporal lobe epilepsy that just magically disappeared (had a bunch of absence seizures) but also a lifetime of hallucinations. My CT scans and MRIs come back perfectly fine every time. Guess I’m just special :woozy_face:

Did get teased relentlessly while having to wear that thing though. Kids are fucking brutal!

Interesting,

I was under the impression that the “deja vu” experience was still largely unexplained and only theorized as the brain essentially doing a quick restart and picking back up from RAM, making everything seem familiar but old

Why is it, we really only get teased mercilessly as kids… when we don’t know how to properly deal with that shit

Playing into it, owning yourself, pointing out that the teaser must be so insecure, and most importantly poping a motherfucker in the mouth

And when we are adults and know how to deal with that shit… nothing

Yeah I was always told it was where experiences go into your memory banks but do a bit of a loop so you think you’ve experienced it before, but having many seems to be a bit of a common symptom with temporal lobe epilepsy which my mum ended up developing (like 15 years after my testing) so… :woman_shrugging:t3:

As for teasing etc, I suppose we also grow up learning that doing that shit is mean, and kids tend to lack certain social filters. I think it’s also an age where finding your ‘group’ is important as well as learning social hierarchy. Kids have that rudimentary understanding that being ‘weak’, ‘uncool’ or an ‘outsider’ is a ‘bad’ thing so they tend to pummel anything that’s different. Still get plenty of that in adulthood :wink:

But that’s enough derailing from me!

Kids can be mean and blunt, but I prefer that to mean adults who act all nice and polite in front of you.

1 Like

he can pause it by taking his foot off the reader… look at them and be like “yes?”… then go back to “working” and put his foot on the reader again hahah

1 Like

Out of interest was this something portable or was it a case of getting wired up, sit there, don’t move and get on with your work?

Worst combination of both - teenagers. They are all that at the same time. Yes, I hated my time at school :wink:

it was portable, it had a velcro waist strap with the battery & computer thingy attached to it. plugged it in at home to recharge each night

That’s interesting as ambulatory EEG quite challenging due to dealing with such small signals hidden in motion artefacts. I’m working with a group who have their EEG sensors c/w IMU, accelerometer and algorithms to compensate for these artefacts. Now they want it wireless and that’s my bit. Full 32 channel data streaming at 24GHz, the size of a pound coin and with the battery life of our sun…we’ll see…

1 Like

Yeah for sure. I had plenty of EEGs where I was laying down for ages, I think this was more to try and capture anything regarding the consisstant déjà vu. It was pretty clunky though, this was back in the early 90’s so I looked like something out if a D-grade sci-fi movie with a $200 budget :sweat_smile: