Bricked NExT Implant

Hello all,

Sorry for the flood of Posts recently, just trying to get my head around this stuff.

I was messing around with my implant, trying to clone my work fob onto it, running a load of LF Search commands through my Proxmark RDV2.

Before this, The reader at my work would Bleep at my implant but obviously not allow entry Since I hadn’t cloned it.

After the Searches, I’ve placed my hand up to the reader and nothing is happening, no beeps, I can’t seem to get a read from the Proxmark device although this has been difficult anyway. Is there any chance LF Search or a “LF HID Clone” could brick the device?

HF reading through my phone still works so the problem is only with the LF Side of the implant.

Any help would be appreciated,

Cheers

1 Like

Managed to get a Detect of

Chip Type : T55x7
Modulation : FSK2a
Bit Rate : 4 - RF/50
Inverted : Yes
Offset : 32
Seq. Term. : No
Block0 : 0x00107060

If that helps explain any possible issues? I’ve got no idea what any of this shit means haha

1 Like

Ok, whew, you’re probably good. You should stop running any clone commands at your NExT until you’re confident that you know what’s up and you’ve tested it on a card first. Get some of these blank T5577 cards to test with. If you can clone your work card onto one of these and it opens the door, then you’re good.

3 Likes

The “Chip Type:” in your LF search output lists T55x7 because that is the chip in the NExT. It has the capability to be configured as many card types, so that it’s easy to clone onto.

This page describes the whole configuration structure of the T5577. It’s not all critical, but it might shed some light on things. Look around on the proxmark GitHub and forum pages for more info and ask questions here before trying anything on the tag. It can and will be bricked if you play around and none of us want you to have to pull it.

1 Like

Oh yeah… You know, That’s probably a smart way to go about things…

I’ve only just got the chip, certainly don’t want to have to cut it out so soon :wink:

My only real concern is that I haven’t been able to get results from an “LF Search” since this morning, I managed to get something from “lf t55xx detect” as shown above.
I’m not sure what the “Beep” From the Access reader is referring to but It hasn’t beeped on contact after I fucked around with the clone cmd.

Before my tinkering I managed to get an “EM410X found” scan with all of the data on it, I haven’t been able to get that since, Only the T5577 and only when I detect for it specifically,

Have I actually fucked it already?

1 Like

Definately fucked.

My own door reader that previously worked, now doesn’t.

Result of LF t55xx read p NExT

Reading Page 0:
blk | hex data | binary
----±---------±--------------------------------
Chip Type : T55x7
Modulation : FSK2a
Bit Rate : 4 - RF/50
Inverted : Yes
Offset : 32
Seq. Term. : No
Block0 : 0x00107060

Safety Check: PWD bit is NOT set in config block. Reading without password…

I managed to get this read, As well as the following:

LF T55xx Read:

blk | hex data | binary
----±---------±--------------------------------
255 | AA6AA569 | 10101010011010101010010101101001

Not too sure what this could mean but I’m just trying to provide as much info as possible, hoping someone can help me out.

1 Like

Problem seemingly solved.

This whole problem was simply down to me not knowing how the Chips functioned when being cloned. Writing HID data to the Card removed the em410x data… the data that my Work reader and Home reader uses…

Re-Writing that data to the Card has Fixed(?) this issue now.

2 Likes