Bunch of RFID cards on the bottom of a table at a restaurant?

I was just about to suggest the same thing. Perhaps something to track which table some tray or one of those games/payment terminal things is at.

1 Like

Was it a McDonald’s?

Negative, I’m only here for today so I don’t mind the mild dox, but it was Guy Fieri’s Chicken Guy restaurant in Tennessee

I actually noticed the same thing at another chicken guy location a couple of years ago. I just assumed it was an advertising thing because it tried to open the chicken guy website when I set my phone down.

2 Likes

I don’t like that, at all. It feels quite intrusive.

2 Likes

Thats exactly what I expected it to do.

People put phones on tables…Makes sense.

If you open TagInfo and scan, i would guess it would have a Chicken Guy link

I’ve done something similar on a work bench,
Full sized Cards under thr bench with links to a few different websites I frequent, but not to that extent… only 8
3 of which were DT ones
Website
This forum
Old Vivokey Forum

I had specific spots and grouped them together and knew wher to place my phone.

It was handy also when using DEX

I found this at panera bread as well. It’s so the little order puck you bring to your table and set down on it can read them and know what table it’s sitting on… that’s all.

I found that the user memory was wide open on them so I wrote a bunch of links to them hahaha … now people like you will put their phones down and get dangerous things popping up on their phones :slight_smile: MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

17 Likes

I did, no such link found

i actually tested this by putting my puck on another table for a moment, then took it off and kept it on my lap at my table and the server showed up to the table opposite us and looked around a bit before I flagged her over.

9 Likes

Very interesting, thanks for the info!

Make all of them roll the rick!

7 Likes

I first encountered this at a Panera Bread back in 2015. I rapidly set to work encoding a vcard with my socials on each and every tag in the table and locking them.

5 Likes

I dislike people too much to do this.

3 Likes

Think about how annoying it would be every time you set your phone down unlocked it rick rolled you, use your hate as fuel young Padawan, let it drive you to mildly annoy everyone around you

8 Likes

Oh that I can get behind. But not giving them my socials or contact information

3 Likes

Mischievous

2 Likes

Something something rickroll!

This thread was an interesting read! I’ve never seen this IRL.

1 Like

I had this happen at a Torchy’s tacos here in austin.

I spent the whole time writing links to Rick roll every single one of them. So whenever you sat your phone down it would open YouTube lol

7 Likes

received_422007806885751

5 Likes

Solid effort,
6 out of 10.

:emoji_thumbsup:

for next time and a 10 out of 10

write Dangerousthings.com link :grin:

Write lock them :emoji_imp:

8 Likes