Can I get some peer review on my current planned escapade?

Hey! After getting my first implant injected, I’ve been pondering on what to get next! And I think I’ve finally gotten a good plan set out for some of my future implants, and I’d love to hear what you all think about them!

A rough sketch which I created using MS Paint. Tried to get it as accurate as possible. But for the current plan, I’d be picking up a xG3, Spark 2, and 4 xLED’s. I luckily already got an xEM chip. Just haven’t had it implanted due to not having access to an RFID reader and writer.

The xG3 is more of just for the fun of it and lifting, while the 4 xLED’s are just for aesthetics.

I’ve heard quite a lot about the VivoKey, and would love to jump on that train!

Crunching the numbers, buying everything individually would be…

xG3 = $129.99
VivoKey Spark 2 = $109.99
4x xLED’s = $156 ($39.00 x 4)

Total = 395.98

But, I’m probably going to go with the Magneto Bundle, as it saves a bit of money and would get me some of the other gear that comes along with it. The cost with that would be…

Magneto Bundle = $225
(xG3 + Spark 2. And an extra NExT For any other plans. Possibly in forearm?)
4x xLED’s = $156 ($39.00 x 4)

Total = $381 (Not much of a difference, but hey. An extra NExT is always fun!)

Due to the price, this would more than likely be a long term project. (Going off a high-school senior’s jobless salary. Haha) So when ever I’d get a chance, I’d just pick up an implant when I had the spare cash. But that also means, round trips too Seattle, as it’s the closets area with an implanted. As, I’ve already contacted much pierces in Oregon and not much are willing to do it. I can luckily implant the xEM by myself though, as I feel comfortable with it’s position. And, I have the experience as I self-implanted my xNT.

If any of you have any suggestions, ideas, or thoughts, feel free to share them! If you see that I’m doing something horribly wrong, also feel free to say!

2 Likes

My first thoughts are - HF or LF xLED’s, and; how will you activate/plan to use them?

2 Likes

My main thought was HF xLED’s. And, my current plan for activation besides just putting the phone up to them would be a similar sort of wristband/watch which has been in the works among the forums for activation. Though, I still don’t know if something in the works like that would have the range for that far up on my hand to power them.

But hey, as I stated. Their more of for aesthetics purposes. That sort of factor of just, having them there and showing them off every now and then would be fine enough for me.

3 Likes

Have you looked at the xSIID? Swapping the HF xLED’s for those would be more practical. More color options tool.

Also the NExT might be more useful in R0 instead of the xEM.

1 Like

I was also considering that choice, I just don’t know what I’d do with my spare xEM afterwards. I was considering giving it too a friend who has some interest in this sort of stuff if I do go down that path.

I was also considering replacing one of them with an xSIID, but I don’t have much of a reason for four individual xSIID’s. Replacing one with an xSIID is open on the table for me though.

2 Likes

Better to have a spare xEM than NExT, you could put it other places too.

If you swap one I would recommend not using the R2 position with that layout . R2 might be too close to the VivoKey Apex if you get it there. Also xSIID have 2k storage so there decent for like cold storage of something important.

1 Like

True.

For that, I was considering the xSIID would go near the magnet on the left hand, if I were to place a NExT in my right hand between the index and the thumb.

2 Likes

That would be my choice too :slight_smile:.

Only thing I would do different is save the L4/5 area for another flex. I am considering a magnet in the back of my left wrist to hold tiny screws.

But I am sure more experienced members will give better advice :slight_smile: good luck

1 Like

I was considering potentially getting a flex! Still been debating it though, I’m much for comfortable with the current cylindrical design.

3 Likes

Same, but if the Apex gets payment I will want to be able to swipe it easily not have to try find the exact spot on a pay terminal so I will probably end up getting a flex even just for that.

2 Likes

I’ll agree there, if the Apex Flex does get the ability to make payments. I’m defiantly picking myself up one.

4 Likes

In Oregon, body modification professionals—a group that includes piercers and tattoo artists—are forbidden by state law to implant functional, non-ornamental devices in their customers.

5 Likes

Well, looks like I’ll be traveling to Washington. Haha

2 Likes

So… non-functional and/or ornamental stuff is… fine? that’s a really weird line in the sand to draw haha

5 Likes

I assume it’s more than likely that the laws haven’t been changed since they were first drafted.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’d guess it’s not something that’s been actually used for a while, since it sounds like the sort of thing that would get tossed out of court for being dumb… but… hard to say… weirder things have held up in court hah

3 Likes

Yeah, Washington. Kinda bummed cause I’ve got a chip on the way and the outlook for getting it installed is pretty bleak these days.

2 Likes

I did my own self-implantation. If you want, I can link you some resources if you wish to consider that option.

3 Likes

I just like the way the tag looks!
When I get an x-ray!

2 Likes

Thanks, but I really don’t want to do it myself.

2 Likes