Can't detect the 125KHz chip in my NExT implant

Copy cat :crying_cat_face: :arrow_double_up:
:wink:

1 Like

well I am saying the opposite… the reader is HF only but the card may be dual frequency… it’s possible and does happen… often times when there is a transition from legacy LF to HF and dual frequency cards are deployed… but eventually the legacy support is no longer needed at the reader and it’s turned off… leaving dual frequency cards out there but the LF portion is not used.

1 Like

Right you are, which explains the diagnostic card LF LED not illuminating :+1:

1 Like

Sometimes it’s not even because there was a transition from legacy… sometimes people are just dumb and will buy the $20 dual frequency card instead of the $15 HF card they need because a sales person said “it’s better”.

People making laws, purchasing decisions, and policy for or around technology they fundamentally don’t understand make me weep for humanity. JUST CALL SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS WTF THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT TO HELP YOU.

A word of advice for everyone on the planet - never get purchasing advise from the sale person selling you the shit… call a consultant and tell them you want them to run reality checks on everything going during the sales process. In many cases you will more than pay for the consultant’s time in cost savings not buying stupid crap you don’t need.

1 Like

The LF LED on the card didn’t lit up on the gate scanner, only the HF LED. The scanner are all the same on all doors, just black rectangular plastic boxes with some indicator LED’s on the top. the dimensions are about 3"x5"x1" without any markings. I can try to snap a picture on my way out, but no promises on that.

Those are the devices which are used to clock in/out, the same badge cards are used for this. The diagnostic card will light up the LF LED on this device, but the NExT implant is not detected.

Hey Amal, you have a good sense of humor for a sales person.

HAHA, good observation.

Personally, I wouldn’t call Amal a salesman Per Se.
As cliché as it sounds, the products sell themselves.

Amal does all the back end stuff; Concept, Design, R&D, Manufacturing/ gets Manufactured, testing etc.,

I would say he “Brings to market” but doesn’t push/ “sell” them.

Sure. he tells us they exist or are going to exist ( okay, I just worked out he is more hype man than sales man, he is such a tease sometimes ), he then puts them on the website, he “sells” them, but doesn’t sell them
We kinda do that for him, via word of mouth, through our recommendations.

It’s all very symbiotic, If we take care of sales, he can better spend his time make us cool stuff to buy and sell for him.

Amal is a Salesman SMARTMAN

1 Like

haha thanks :slight_smile: I actually laughed because I am technically also advising people on what to buy, and I’m the one selling… so yeah I qualify as “not to be listened to” per my own advice. That said, I’m probably the worst sales person out there. I routinely suggest cheaper options and dial back people’s expectations and suggest starting with less and baby stepping into biohacking haha!

1 Like

@Pilgrimsmaster Thanks for the lengthy response. I’m quite familiar with the technology elements in play and capabilities of the different devices given their form factor. I’ve gone pretty deep into antenna theory as a HAM as well. I understand the Flex offers a different/better experience for range however for my implementation I sought to sacrifice performance that I didn’t think I needed (given my experience with the xEM) in favor of form factor AND I’ve had a great experience with the pill-chip format for the last 5 years. Overall I was just more comfortable going that route.

I think you may have misunderstood the intent of my message. Mostly I wanted to validate the OP’s experience with LF on the NeXT. The surprise for me was that the performance between the xEM and the LF side of the NeXT is not consistent. My xEM was programmed for my work-related use. I swapped that code to the NeXT (because it’s used with visible/accessible HID readers) and have reprogrammed the xEM for my personal/home use where readers will be hidden. Overall it’ll be a little less convenient logistically given that I’m right-handed but it should work fine.

But the NeXT just didn’t meet expectations on field strength given my previous experience with the xEM and my own assumption that the same chip and a similar antenna deployment would operate consistently. At this point it just seems that wasn’t a clean assumption. I still love the DT products and will absolutely stay loyal as my needs evolve. And I hope that this real-world experience will guide someone looking to implement a DT product for their uses in the future.

2 Likes