Can't write data on FlexNT

Huh, that looks like it’s a flexM1, not a flexNT… Sure it was a flexNT?

According to my installer and what I could remember seeing before it got installed it was FlexNT. I was supposed to get NExT but dangerous things had sent my installer FlexNT so I got that installed and he had xEM extra also so got that also same time. This was installed in the only Finnish body modification partner that dangerous things has here.

I have to confirm this tomorrow with my installer but I’m sure that we had been talking about FlexNT for the whole time. If it’s the M1 I would be able to clone my public transport card to this that I’ve been eyeing little bit tho. If it happens to be the FlexM1 would it make a difference for a basic tag scanning applications compared to FlexNT?

yes it would… the Mifare chip type is not NFC compliant and it’s only supported on some phones. Additionally it looks like somehow the access bits for each sector were altered, making key A unreadable. Something seriously wrong has happened here… possibly the wrong implant, and now something very strange has happened to it to change key A on every sector.

Got the confirmation form my installer that it’s flexNT.

Its the only implant that DT sell that looks like this

Yup. That’s the one.

1 Like

Weird, that full scan from TagInfo really looks like it’s a Mifare Classic chip. Any chance you could run hf 14a info / hf search on a proxmark?

Yeah. I get home in a few hours so I give the results then what comes up.

Both return this which confirms the weirdness with the chip.

[usb] pm3 → hf 14a info

[+] UID: UID
[+] ATQA: 00 04
[+] SAK: 08 [2]
[+] POSSIBLE TYPE: MIFARE Classic 1K / Classic 1K CL2
[+] POSSIBLE TYPE: MIFARE Plus 2K / Plus EV1 2K
[+] POSSIBLE TYPE: MIFARE Plus CL2 2K / Plus CL2 EV1 2K
[=] proprietary non iso14443-4 card found, RATS not supported
[+] Prng detection: weak

UID redacted tho

So a flexNT thats scanning as a mifar chip :thinking:

How many bytes is the uid?

ID has like this A1:B2:C3:44
and on the sector 0 it says the longer form of the same A1 B2 C3 44 55 66 77 88

That is a flexM1 magic 1k chip for sure… you can tell by the sequential ID… so strange. The good news is a proxmark3 should be able to wipe it back to defaults.

1 Like

Or could it have been one like this?

Oh right… At least some good news. Seems like I’ll be ordering myself the chips from you guys.

How do I recover the chip?

At this point I’m not 100% sure looking at these comments. I linked this thread to my installer yesterday so I shall see what he has to say about this. Hopefully I’ll be hearing from him on Monday or Tuesday about the package.

Update on this.

My installer checked emails with Amal and my chip is probably the extra chip that got sent to him. Where he kept it it was in flexNT box but the chip was flexM1. My phone is so new so it’s able to read the chip no problem with the basic ndef data.

I got my chip working again by formatting it with the mifare classic tool app and now the NFC tools pro is working again.

And I’d like to add that my installer has been huge help and their service has been awesome and I will be going there in the future also even tho there was this thing.

Thank you all for the help. :grin:

2 Likes

Name names… Who is this great installer? People are always looking for recommendations.

1 Like

He’s name is Lassi form Scar.fi :grin:

1 Like

Hmm, a familiar name :slight_smile:

I confirm the comment about him being a great installer.

3 Likes