Change NFC tag ID with NFC Tools

Thanks for the update. I will put those images and the link to this thread for Salto in the spreadsheet.

So just throwing out some more stuff for you to try and consider.

TRY
Use your HF xFD that would have come with your NExT.
This will help you find the sweet spot(s) on the reader.
Try different orientations that you can then mimic with your hand. You are looking for when the LED is at its brightest, this will be the optimal location(s) and orientation(s)

TRY
Place your DT Diagnostic card on the reader (the HF LED should light up) try then placing your NExT ontop/over the Diagnostic Card
If the reader is in a low power mode until it is woken (the xSeries antenna may be struggling to couple with the reader). The DTDC should help to wake it up.
Obviously if you are having to use a card to use your NExt, that is not a workable solution, therefore

CONSIDER
A FlexDF2,
a bit more expensive, but the FlexFormat will be your best bet to work with your locks, and the DF2 is a powerful implant in its own right.
In my opinion, Probably THE most powerful RFID implant in the market right now, until the Apex is released.

CONSIDER
Waiting for Apex release. ApexFlex rather than the ApexMax (“xSeries”)
Why the Apex?
I believe the Apex will be capable of emulating a DESFireEV1, but not sure about the EV2, however, EV1 SHOULD be capable of operating your SALTO locks.

You could do some testing.
KSEC (@KaiCastledine) have a great RFID card test pack, for a good price, That would be good for your testing.

2 Likes