Chip implant and RFID noob question

Hi guys, i received my NeXT chip 3 days ago and implanted it on the same day, it went well from what it seems, Not worried, but something I’ve noticed is that the chip has traveled all the way back to right under the incision point. maybe why it seems to be healing slowly? not really sure though. I have kept a bandaid on it and kept it clean as i can for the time being. anyway, my main question here is RFID part of the chip, I have got the NFC to work fine right now but want to do something with my RFID side of the chip. i have a Samsung door lock that i will be checking to see if i can get to work with my chip but i have low hopes for that right now. so ill assume my door wont work, but i still have other things i can do, my school pass is my first idea and am wondering if all i need to do is buy one of those crap RFID cloners and try clone for example my school pass and then just hold it to my chip? and then to add a new ID say for anything else i can just overwrite my chip with the cloner again? I know its not as pish posh as I’ve stated, there are a lot of things to remember and there’s a good chance my school ID cannot just be “cloned” for whatever reason, but is that how i go about it? just give it a go? or is there more i need to have to clone to my chip etc.

Also btw i used the card that came with my package and put it on my printer RFID log in at school (use school ID to log into printer) and the card kept switching between 125kh and 13mh, just switching one to the other, what does that mean? i have a video just incase anyone wants to see it.

this is a pretty messy post so if anything needs clearing up let me know and ill go into more detail.

This is normal. The chip will retreat toward the incision during healing.

The Samsung Ezon door locks use the HF chip (NTAG216) which is the “nfc side” of the NExT. They don’t bother with any of the user memory on the chip, they just read the UID (serial number) and compare that to an internal list.

I doubt your school pass is LF 125kHz … most of those are HF like a Mifare Classic 1k or something… you’ll need to figure out a way to find out what chip the pass has.

yes the chip has one serial number (ID) and you can change it many times, but it can only have one serial number at a time.

It probably means the system is HID and the school pass you have is probably multi-frequency, which probably means the system can read the older ProxCard chip in your pass (which you can clone to the T5577 chip in the NExT), and the iClass HF chip in your pass (which you cannot clone to your NExT)… how the system is configured to respond to the proxcard vs iClass is unknown because that’s a software configuration within the system, so it may work or it may not work.

Sure I think that would be interesting to see :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply Amal

This is normal. The chip will retreat toward the incision during healing.

Yep The skin is healing slowly but going fine for the time being. Bruising around the skin started last night but I think it is still good.

The Samsung Ezon door locks use the HF chip (NTAG216) which is the “nfc side” of the NExT. They don’t bother with any of the user memory on the chip, they just read the UID (serial number) and compare that to an internal list.

My Samsung door lock (SHP-DS510) from what I’ve tested does not work with my NeXT. I probably tried for about 45 minutes but got nothing, a big problem with the SHP-DS510 was while i was trying to put my chip on the card section of the lock, my hand would touch the other numbers around it. so maybe that was part of the problem, (if you see a picture/video you can see the card reader is right in the middle of the lock between numbers) not really sure. No worries, will just buy a new door lock that will work. Just to double check although you already said it - I have my chip link to my website and when i buy one of the Ezon locks it will use the NFC part of the chip but still doesn’t touch my user data i believe you said so my website will still be accessible? sorry just needed to double check before committing.

I doubt your school pass is LF 125kHz … most of those are HF like a Mifare Classic 1k or something… you’ll need to figure out a way to find out what chip the pass has.

Yeah I don’t think it would work either and after reading about the blue cloners bricking a few chips I probably will wait until i can find a better way to use the RFID, haven’t got many ideas though.

It probably means the system is HID and the school pass you have is probably multi-frequency, which probably means the system can read the older ProxCard chip in your pass (which you can clone to the T5577 chip in the NExT), and the iClass HF chip in your pass (which you cannot clone to your NExT)… how the system is configured to respond to the proxcard vs iClass is unknown because that’s a software configuration within the system, so it may work or it may not work.

Lots of possibilities, will have to look into it more I think. Hit or miss situation.

Heres the video as well:
https://vimeo.com/353276140

Sorry @Satur9 try now

Edit:
Just had a random thought and question, does the reader DT sells on the website use the RFID part of a chip?

1 Like

@Bill
Couldn’t view the video

Oh yeah, that is a new design concept for Samsung and yes that would be annoying… ugh. Lame. It’s also possible that Samsung Ezon model doesn’t work with anything but the Mifare 1k classic chip, which is what the fobs that come with all Samsung locks use. Once again, firmware and compatibility with other ISO14443A chips is basically random. Also lame.

The KBR1 only reads the UID from the NTAG216 chip (HF)

You’d be surprised, my school just put in 2 new thinline readers and a few proxpros. They also generally suck with that sort of stuff so I’m not surprised.

1 Like