Chip in a bad place, any way to move it?

Hello there

5 days ago i got my xSIID installed, but unfortunately the installation didn’t go totally as planned.

as you can see in the photo, the chip somehow got placed pretty high up closer to the index metacarpal bone instead of closer to the middle of the Thumb and index finger area (purlicue)
It hasn’t been that big of a problem other than i am more careful about what i do with my hand than i would like to be because there is a lot higher risk of hitting the chip than if it was more in the center.

My question is if there’s any way to move the chip further down, or is it stuck there and can only hope for it to move down on it’s own?

2 Likes

Not really, that’s kinda what the needle is for, penetrating the connective tissue

You could still try and it may hurt a little, but just remember to relax and breathe out
and if you persistent and lucky, you may just get to put it where you want

train-tunnel (1)

4 Likes

From seeing the picture it looks like it’s not overlapping the bone. If it’s resting nice and parallel next to it I wouldn’t worry about hitting it. I think your placement is ok. In fact it’s probably easier to read and you get space for something else under it :wink:

3 Likes

I’ve seen this GIF being used but for another body part and… action :sweat_smile:

1 Like

2 Likes

That’s certainly not part of my cyborg desires… :emoji_mindblown:

1 Like

Yeah it’s not on the bone, but just beside it as you are saying.
It hasn’t really been that much of a problem but i was just curious if there was a way to move it that I didn’t know of.

But yeah it is very easy to read and the blue light has been super visible from the second it got installed!

I’m a happy cyborg :slight_smile:

4 Likes

2 Likes

Nah, especially in that perpendicular direction. Sometimes they can slide in the parallel direction with some force.

Welcome to cyborgland!

3 Likes

I can only move mine because my connective tissue is Garbo so all the underlying fascia tears super easy. I have an implant in the back of my hand that likes to visit another of mine so I occasionally have to move it back.

That being said you may have a connective tissue problem like me if you can completely relocate an implant beneath the skin.

1 Like

One of my implants is very close to bone as well and it hasn’t effected anything in the nearly 2 years that I’ve had it. As long as it’s not painful at all then you should be fine! Honestly that position seems like it’ll be a lot easier to read than the “normal” P0 placement. I’m slightly jealous :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

It is super easy to read and the light is very visible and has been from the second i got it installed.

no to little pain even if it accidentially gets nudged up on my bone or if i specifically tries to push on it, but it has only been 6 days so it makes sense that it’s a little sore still.

now that a few days has gone by and with the feedback you guys have given me, i will say i am actually really happy with this placement :robot:

6 Likes

I think you mean… a tissue issue

3 Likes