Cloning MiFare Ultralight EV1

Hey everyone,

I recently purchased a NExT, ACR122U, and this copier. I was wondering if it’s possible to clone the Ultralight to my NExT on my own or would I have to go to the system admin and have them do it. I’ve included the NFC info in a Google Photos folder below, as well as a picture of the card. Thank you guys for your help!

It is not possible to copy any Ultralight or even another NTAG216 to the NTAG216 chip inside the NExT because the NTAG216 chip does not allow for UID changes. Your only option will be to go to the system admin and ask them to add your NTAG216 chip to the roster.

I know this an old post, and it was also the answer I was looking for. With only 6-8 months really researching RFID/NFC technology, I still consider myself very much a beginner at this- so I’m hoping this isn’t a dumb question; but if it cannot be cloned (speaking specifically of the EV1 V2), can it be emulated? Say with something like the emutag?

There are magic NTAG chips available now. You can clone NTAG and Ultralight to flexMN for example.

1 Like