Contemplating an implant, I have questions

Where do i find out where the body mod community advertises?

Google body modification and your geographical area; see if anyone in r/bodymods knows practitioners in your area; google “tattoo expo” and see what’s nearby. You’re close enough to some metro areas that you ought to be able to find something.

This was my hang-up too. Turns out I know several people who work in the medical field, and many people were interested in what I was wanting. I ended up asking an ER Nurse friend of mine if they would be comfortable doing my install. They studied the installation guide from DT and said that they could do it. I had my PCP who is a nurse practitioner lined up as back-up, but we were going to have a weird time trying to figure out how to code the office visit. LOL.
Anyway, my nurse friend did an amazing job installing my 2 implants and I’m very happy. If you know anyone who works in the medical field, you might have more connections interested in body modification and functionality enhancements than you think.

2 Likes

Thank you for the advice.

Health care professionals are a bit weird here (on other, completely normal issues) so not sure how they’d take it, but I’ll take the advice and start asking.

You said 2 implants. Which 2 did you get?

I have the NExT in my left hand which I use instead of my badge at work for secure doors (LF side). The HF side does two functions for me. The keyboard Wedge reader sees the UID of the chip and I use that along with a couple of typed characters as my domain password. That alone has improved the quality of my life. Not having to type a complex password 10 billion times a day is awesome. And I have to admit that it is an amazing feeling to cyborg-swipe my hand over a reader to log into company systems and get through secure doors. I’m using the data storage ability of the NExT to store a unit-link that has all my personal contact information that I would want to share with people on the fly. Scanning my hand is way easier than manually exchanging cell numbers or social media information for either personal contact or the rock climbing group that I run.
My right hand has an xSIID in it. That one is for play. My partner and I have fun programming things into me and making me light up.
I’m considering getting a flexEM to make badging through doors easier and also so I can try to build some home applications with the Access Kit. I also think want to get an xG3. It would be so cool not to lose screws and other small parts while I’m doing my job as a engineer for a computer hardware company.
:slight_smile: :robot_cyborg: :yellow_heart:

xg3 for small screw holding is a game changer FYI

4 Likes

Where is your xG3? I was thinking that the top of the forearm near the wrist would be very convenient.

Tip of left ring finger.

If I would do it again I’d probably do on top of my hand somewhere. Wrist isn’t good since I normally wear zippies

1 Like

What are Zippies? (Google fails me coming up with a single answer that you would wear.)

1 Like

It’s likely correct. Year round I wear basically a variety of hooded sweatshirts that zip up completely in the front.

I wasn’t taking long sleeves into account when I thought about the top of the wrist for the installation point. The top of the hand is sounding berry enticing now.