Copy apartment key to NExT

You don’t necessarily have to. But it does help identifying whether whatever device is reading the tag is LF or HF.

Might have to buy one at some point then.

But I found the tag. It’s this one:

And according to this it’s operating at 13.56MHz, which would explain why I can’t copy it with the copyer

Your phone should read it though.

1 Like

It won’t tho. I’ll just throw together an arduino and an rfid-rc522 to try

Oh you know what, that keytag has a desfire chip, that may be something.

Search the forum for NeXT and DESFire. Your chances of cloning that tag appear grim though from what I’ve read.

I will. Thanks. Keeping my hopes up

Yes they take apart the bundles for whatever reason you have to pay extra for stuff DT includes.

1 Like

NExT cant do DESfire, that’s why there are DESFire implants.

When you say

do you mean TagInfo? That should show up as DESFire there

so my best bet is to get a DESFire implant next? also just generally for cloning keys?

i use both NFC tools and TagInfo, and neither reacts to the chip. granted i use and iphone so that might limit it. i can read it using arduino tho

No. Do not buy another implant unless you exactly know the chip type you need.

Maybe get a pm3 if you wanna spend some money.

What’s arduion, what does it say, does it read LF tags or HF tags?

I guess it’s an LF tag the cloner cant read.
So there’s hope you can get it on the next with a pm3, but could also be another tag e.g. hitags.

Yeah probably best to wait and research before.
the pm3 is just rather expensive at 99EUR, dont know if its worth it compared to using my arduio and reader.

it only reads 13.56MHz. and reads it as a PICC type: MIFARE 1KB

Try the Mifare Classic Tool app to read the tag.

If that works you can get a flexM1

Agree. Can you imagine having your hand full of implants before you finally get what you need?

Sounds like implant addiction.

That requires an android, which i dont have at the moment

well at that point id be sure id be able to access everything. but yes, would be stupid

That might explain it, iPhones cant to mifare classic at all maybe?

Ask a friend and test that somehow, then it should be clear it is a M1.

i will, thanks. but i wont be able to do anything with my NExT at all then?

It’s still a very versatile implant. You can use the HF site to store a link to your website for example.

And you’ll probably come accross some cool products that can only use NTAG or some LF chip, so not at all useless. You have the 3 most common chip types then.

Also the nexts HF ID has more bytes which makes it more secure to use for ID based login