Covid-19 and going back to reality

Nothing to do with anything biohacking, or cyborg, but it’s been a few days since I’ve been on here (crazy week) and I’ve missed chatting with y’all! Here in Texas things are starting to open back up and go back to normal, so I’m curious… Where is the first restaurant you plan on going to when you can sit down and eat again?

4 Likes

Vegi grill! Not fancy or anything but I love there food.

Although just because the restrictions are lifting probably won’t be going out anytime soon personally, not with the numbers the way they are at the moment.

4 Likes

Oh yes it does: I’m waiting for my tattoo parlor to reopen to get an implant done :slight_smile:

I don’t plan on eating out anytime soon, because I prefer home cooking. But I know a lot of people in my neck of the woods - including I - are on the starting line to go and have a brewsky at the local bars. They’re gonna be swamped for weeks, and hopefully they’ll recoup some of their losses that way. We wouldn’t want local bars to go under now would we?

4 Likes

I am with you there.

4 Likes

I think I have forgotten what it’s like to have a drink with the guys after work :rofl:. Our bars are shut down still They are thinking they will be open on the 18th, but some restaurants have opened to 25% capacity. We should have most of our restaurants open by next week. I’m waiting for the hibachi and sushi bar to open

1 Like

Ruchi’s and Tatsuya Ramen…

2 Likes

We have Friday drinks on a video call :grin:

2 Likes

Just want to add I have been and still do order pickup. :point_up:Gotta support the local shops. :+1:

2 Likes

Steak, I’m craving steak. You can’t really get it to go. BUT,

Make that X3.

I live in a touristy area. Gonna be a rush when it opens back up, and I’m gonna hunker down. This could cause the virus to come roaring back, imported by the tourist overflow, and I want none of that.

3 Likes

I honestly just miss walking to a quiet cafe and doing some sketching. I wouldn’t mind that again but I know it’s gonna be a while yet :expressionless:

2 Likes

I would hate to see “roaring back” is…

We had 27,518 new confirmed cases yesterday in the USA. Admittedly Arkansas hasn’t been hit as hard as other places.

2 Likes

Tattoo/Piercing Shop is pretty much first place on the list. I have 4 implants that need to be done. I’ve already been supporting the little BBQ joint near work with to go ordering, really don’t want them to close down. The first restaurant will likely be a Sushi joint down the road (if it opens back up :crossed_fingers: ) And if you haven’t read already Defcon is cancelled https://forum.defcon.org/node/232005

2 Likes

There are more people living in the city of Dallas than lives in the entire state of Arkansas. It has advantages. One of the reasons we didn’t close down as hard as most places had to.

But that only helped in the beginning. The virus is EVERYWHERE now. Once people start moving and mingling… :nauseated_face:

I’m afraid we’re headed for a bull headed rush to full open, that will in turn lead to case count that wil make heads spin.

4 Likes

Holly Shit, you poor dudes.
THAT is some shitty numbers, and you are considering opening back up??? Seriously?
You have hardly even shut down…
Those numbers are going to explode when that happens.
Good luck - seriously

if you are interested in NZ covid situation

We are lucky because of our isolation.
Closed down the border pretty early on, (should have been earlier in my opinion.)
There was forced 2 weeks self isolation for returning residents. Any tourists that had arrived in the country within the 2 week prior to the border shutting had to self isolate, any that didn’t were deported.
Government funded stay and work from home.
(“Economies can recover. The dead can’t”
ex, prime minister)
We have had a couple of days with zero new cases, the last few days we have had 2 new cases per day.
The death toll is higher than it should be at a total of 21 because Covid got into a rest home and dessimated a few residents.
one of the biggest infection clusters was the Air Force Rugby team, returning from playing USA military teams)
NZ has a 5 level scale. 4 being the highest threat, 0 being back to normal.
We are currently in level 3 and likely dropping to level 2 in a few days.

FYI the population difference is around 77:1

All In all, we are not in a too bad of a position

5 Likes

You guys did so well. I wish I was back in Australia actually, Canada’s response has been good but ehhh… every day there’s been sun, the streets are packed with people and parks are as busy as airports. I’m very wary of reopening. Buuuut yunno. We can’t all have Jacindas.

1 Like

I fixed that for ya.

Edit to add: not trying to make this a politics theme, if you wish to discuss politics, please DM me.

2 Likes

Thanks for that.
Not all bad in the USA though, I have seen some Oregon residents, keeping social distancing and enjoying themselves at the same time.

This guy is doing it correctly

2 Likes

Lucky bear!

It just depend on location. Where I live, people wear mask like they are going out of style. I would say 13 out of 15. I personally would prefer to wear a facemask to begin with, so now I can.

I went to Wisconsin to our family cabin, I stopped to get gas and not go in to a busy gas station. I would say 1 out of 15 were wearing a mask.

2 Likes

Kinda going back to the original topic. I want a haircut. From a barber. But only after things really get back to normal. Not forced normal.

I currently look like that game they used to have for kids where you put hair on a bald guy by moving iron filings into place with a magnet.

https://www.amazon.com/PlayMonster-Magnetic-Personalities-Wooly-Willy/dp/B00005C12R

3 Likes

I just embrace it and shave my head short. I got a nice little clipper that works great. I also save a ton of money.

3 Likes