Covid-19 and going back to reality

Add me to that list. I looked at all the typical facial features, and you look just like you. hence my confusion.
Oldify is a good app. :+1:

Anyway, to get back on track

“Restaurant” - Maybe Taco Bell :taco::bell: , They only just opened up in NZ late last year, I went, and saw the queue and walked away…

3 Likes

I dont know probably franky and bennies I tend to eat at smaller mum and pop restaurant.

3 Likes

I’m waiting for the local bar/schnitzel house to open again so I can go drink with some former colleagues.

We’re doing pretty well over here in upside down land (the one with all the deadly things), very few cases active.

3 Likes

Definitely my buddy’s uncle’s ramen shop. Big ass bowl of tonkotsu ramen with extra chili oil :drooling_face: it takes them 3 days to make the broth so its damn expensive but luckily since I know the owner i can get a deal :sunglasses:

4 Likes

SAM SAM do the best Korean fried chicken in Melbourne AU. It’d be un-Australian to not support a local small business when this lockdown ends.

4 Likes

There’s a really nice Vietnamese place near my house I’ll definitely be going to first. I’ve been trying to help support them with take-out orders during the quarantine, but once non-essential businesses can open again I can’t wait to go in person and get some fried wantons, a big bowl of pho, and finish it off with some rainbow ice

3 Likes

I live in the US though, so we’re probably fucked for the rest of this year with oscillating aftershock quarantines because people are impatient and act against their own self interest. My state is doing okay but I really can’t imagine how the federal response could be any worse unless they were shooting the suspected infected in the streets

7 Likes

One thing I utterly miss about Melbourne is the Indonesian food scene. Toronto is 100x more ethnically diverse than Melbourne but there is ZERO Indonesian food here. I can’t wait to go back home and eat the fuck out of everything!

5 Likes

That’s the understatement of the year. I lived in Toronto, and I can testify to that: I’ve never been in a more open, culturally diverse city where people from totally different cultures seem to live more or less at peace with each other.

My local Thunder Chicken is pretty awesome. From my understanding it’s the actual proper franchise from Korea but opened here (this is very likely to give my precise location away hahahaah) but oh man the beer and chicken is awesome.

2 Likes

I spent far too much of my life at your local train station @fraggersparks. Parents live up the Sunny coast, I lived in the Brisbane CBD. If there is only one of those franchisee in Aus.

2 Likes

Hah! I work up in the CBD (for now…), my local train station is a few down from Caboolture but I went to school at the good old Cabbo high.

3 Likes

I miss this…

2 Likes

You and your Thai food. I’m right there with you buddy

1 Like

UGHHHH you HAD to post a picture of food when I’m already hungry! lol

1 Like

The former CEO of my company, who retired in January, came to the company this morning with a bunch of folders and a laptop, sat down in an empty office and started unpacking. I went to to say hello and asked him what he was doing. He said he cancelled his retirement for the time being, because he had planned on using his free time to travel to France, Italy and Spain, but he can’t do none of those things because of the virus and he’s bored out of his mind at home…

4 Likes