Dangerous NFC app update?

Hey all. The last time I browsed this forum was a few years ago, and I seem to remember somebody working on an update to the “Dangerous NFC” app, but I can’t find the thread. Did anything come of this? I remember a few cool ideas being thrown around. I’m planning on getting a chip installed soon, and I want to make sure that it doesn’t get locked out using the app, but it would also be cool if it had some of the features I remember being mentioned in that thread.

Not sure what features were being talked about back then. I think most people just use the NFC Tools and NFC Tag Writer apps. But someone is working on a cool multi purpose app for us cyborgs over here. I’m sure @Az_F wouldn’t mind some feature requests.

2 Likes

the app manually configured the chips to make it so you can’t brick it by changing config data. this is now standard on the chips (xnt next etc) so it’s not something to worry about

however, if you use a password with nfc tools and forget it, you’ll lock yourself out and not be able to change data on the tag. this isn’t something that can be recovered

2 Likes

Hit me! First version will be on Android by the end of June with very basic features to accompany the Lodestone Pico and more features will be added slowly over time depending on motivation and skill :wink:

1 Like

Pretty sure I know the thread you are talking about.

But @Equipter explained the current status.
i.e. Nothing to worry about

1 Like