DoorBird IP Video Door Station D2101V + NExT

Hi, my Name is Stefan and im a new owner of a NExT implant. Really cool thing.

But now, i have one application where I can’t get any further. Do any of you use a DoorBird IP video door station D2101V in combination with an implant?
But so far I haven’t had any success training the NExT on the Doorbird.

That is the technical data from the supplier:

The D21x series has a 125 kHz RFID reader for access control (Active Reader Passive Tag (ARPT) according to ISO/IEC 18000-2:2009 Part 2 to be compatible with keyfobs and cards of other systems with the same standard

Any 125kHz china chip I have already successfully trained.

I just used an RFID USB reader to read the Doorbird chip and my implant.
Does that mean anything with the zeroes in front?

080532XXXX - my implant
000578XXXX - The Doorbird Chip

The last 4 digits overwritten with an X for the forum.

Have anyone an idea to make work the NExT with the doorbird.

Thanks and best regards, Stefan

2 Likes

So the T5577 (125kHz chip in the NExT) can be configured in many ways, I would say that it needs to be configured differently. By default it is set to emulate a EM4100 I think.

What reader are you using? Is it a proxmark? Basicaly looking for more info on the modulation of the chip and/or if you can clone a working one onto the NExT.

Also welcome to the forum! :smiley:

1 Like

Link to datasheet
EM4100, EM4102 quoted from datasheet,

The NExT is a T5577 emulator chip however it comes pre programmed with a EM4100 UID so that shouldnt be the problem. (Quote from DT store “Pre-programmed in EM41xx mode with a 40 bit unique ID”)

Chances are that the antenna is not picking up the implant, you have 2 options;

1. Clone the tag to the NExT

2. Persevere with attempting to register the implant

Can you open the D2101V? or is it not your equipment?

1 Like

Thanks for your Answer,

i use this reader: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B018OYOR3E/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I think it´s only a reader.

My plan - i buy the xEM Cloner EM41 Advanced and try my luck.

Please go careful with this if you do! Just search the forum to find out problems people have had.

If you are certain you are going to use this i would personally suggest opening it up and placing the antenna on the outside.

1 Like

Good find, I retract my statements about likely being the mode :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the very good hint. Do you have a recommendation for a better reading and writing instrument?

Proxmark3 easy clone (circa £40) or if you have deeper pockets Proxmark3 RDV4 (circa £300)

3 Likes

Great - Thank you. i think the small pocket Version is enough for me. - So, i had to find this cool thing in Germany or a seller it send it to me ^^

1 Like

https://www.amazon.de/s?k=proxmark3&__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

Thank you :slight_smile: I wasn’t thinking of amazon. It’s got everything.

1 Like

https://a.aliexpress.com/_dSfTvR1

or the same thing for cheaper

1 Like

Perfect :+1:t2:

Update.

I have now ordered the Proxmark 3 from Aliexpress.

And - I have found the solution.
After all research and your input brought the result that the NEXT is not the problem, I finally disassembled the Doorbird and removed the internal antenna and moved it to the outside. With 3D printing I printed a suitable cover and the thing is running.
It is really like this, that you have to be very close to the antenna to recognize the chip in your hand. Would claim distance chip to antenna <3mm.

Now it goes in any case :blush:

Thanks for your support, Stefan

3 Likes

Thats awesome, Stefan!

Well done, glad you got it working.

Would you mind posting photos with your 3D printed cover? It could be useful for other people in the future to see what you’ve done.

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

This is a prototype. I’ll do some final touches.
Final, I’m having it printed at shapeways in nylon.
Or I can print in ASA and smooth the surface with acetone.
I gotta see what looks better.

1 Like

Thats a very clean model! Looks great, you’d never be able to tell its not factory from the shape!

Once you get the one with nicer surface finish on it that’ll be perfect, fantastic work mate.

3 Likes

thats really nice, it always annoys me how deep people mount the antennas

1 Like

Hi there,

I also own the same doorbird and currently think of getting an implant. Did you manage to get an even nicer front plate? I think my wife will kill me otherwise;)

Or if someone else manages to get this done without modifications to the doorbird, let me know.