Expanding VivoKey Spark's usage to the broader web

Hello is just a WebAuthN capable platform authenticator.

It doesn’t “enter a saved password”. It actually very nicely does a few things that make it near impossible to clone. As this isn’t an Apex thread I won’t touch on our WebAuthN capabilities, but can you show us how you use your Spark to do so?

I didnt used the spark for logging in to FB or Gmail, since i didnt find any instructions by vivokey how to set the api up,
i figured that programming background is needed, so i need a friend to do me a favor setting all up.

I used one of Windows Hellos features, on Edge browser,

It remembers your website/service password.
But it inserts it only after reading the pin.

I used the good old kbr1

Do you have to have a corporate account? or just a paid one? It’s about time I pick up some M$ skills. I might be able to point my M$ account authorization at Google or Vivokey, and extend it’s usage over to windows sign-ins too.

1 Like

Its a corparete account , i asked our IT guy to make sure all the account syncs are working (i am bad at this)… to see what is the full potentcial of Windows Hello.

What about a short guide…?
Maybe you can write us a short summery where to start? And what goes next? :pray: :innocent:

Ah! You’re using Windows Hello with a PIN. Yeah, that’s an option.

if you’re trying to upload a video you have to wait for it to fully load before hitting submit.

1 Like

I ruined my phone… anyway, here is a youtube link to what i described before.

Thats Edge browser.

I do a bit of federated Auth stuff for work, have noticed that AzureAD supports OIDC directly. When I get a spark (next chip on my purchase list), I should be given permission to integrate VivoKey as an Auth provider on my work tenancy so will report back once I’ve made any progress.

3 Likes

Is the forum still active I can not conect to the site says not reachable did it get taken down?

Do you have that guide still available?

Is this still a viable way to use my spark 2 for Google login or other key cloak supported authentication protocols?

The VivoKey forum is down for now.

The new auth API produces a signed jwt which keycloak can technically accept as authentication… but the challenge is creating a way to present the user with a way to receive an authentication request, scan the chip, and respond with the jwt.

We are working on VivoKey Cloud as an IdP to support exactly this. Once finished it will provide a standard saml protocol for sso which works out of the box with Google workspace and keycloak if you want.

Oh that’s is just wonderful that will make things easier thnx do we have a timeframe or release date yet in the near future or volunteers for testing?

And just wanna say I love how much effort you guys and the community puts to progressing and improving compatibility use case and product quality ability and every one is eager to assist others and promptly to boot this community is just awesome you guys rock

2 Likes

We have the basic service API done… needs some further integration for push notifications… but it’ll be down to the mobile app dev for timeline… likely 3-6 months or so