Lodestone PICO : Finger magnet fun for everyone

I’ll go for a gold n white, looks slick!

2 Likes

How much time would you be willing to dedicate to a full evaluation of your implant’s sensitivity? It involves multiple tests, each composed of a series of stimulations followed by an A or B question.

• 15 min
  • 30 min
  • 45 min
  • 1 hour
  • 2+ hours

0 voters

1 Like

The gold and white looks nice, and I thought this was the only option. Are there other options? If so, what are they? (Though I’ll probably still stick with the standard gold and white, I’m always very curious.)

If you’re willing to do customs, I’ll take a red and glow in the dark one please! :stuck_out_tongue:

Not exactly options or customs :sweat_smile: it’s more dependent on what filament I have at the time. So far I have black and white.

I mean… if you can pay for the new filament roll and wait for it to arrive then why not but I feel like you might prefer printing it yourself, remember all the files are public :link:Loadstone

4 Likes

The app is coming along nicely. Today I added the “My upgrades” section where you will be able to add al your implants and will see tests results and analytics for each of them.
I’m going to try and have a workable version with the core features related to the lodestones this month.
I already have the magnetometer, signal generator and one of the testing sequences.

Speaking of these I implemented a way for you to pick which tests you want to perform and also chose between three durations for each (quick, standard and long). So you can fine tune your tests based on your needs and patience :ok_hand:

Edit: I also decided on a name, maybe: Cyborg Center

6 Likes

Cyborgs R Us :stuck_out_tongue:
What about The Cortex? Had to throw it in, just rewatched Firefly lol
Glad it’s coming along nicely! Can’t wait to download it!

4 Likes

It’s definitely sound more badass but maybe less play-store keyword friendly. I want “cyborg” to be in there but I’m open to ideas…

Yes :joy:

2 Likes

Cyborg Cortex Center aka CCC haha
I like Cyborg Center though!

2 Likes

CCC taken by a respectable group…

https://www.ccc.de/en/updates/2014/ursel

3 Likes

Im not good with name but what about “Cyborg’s Testing Center”?

Also are you using the 1mH in the 0510 package?
I know you made it so we can build it ourselves, but id love to throw a beer or a coffee (or whatever your drink :grin:) your way …

1 Like

Yup! This is up to date: Lodestone PICO · AxelFougues/Lodestone-biomagnet-tools Wiki · GitHub

I will either setup some sort of donations or I’m considering making the app paid, like 5-10
(comes free with preordered lodestones)

4 Likes

Donation link plus 5-10 for app?
Or donation of a new implant? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll take it!

I will probably do that and hopefully fund the next gen lodestones and some more coding nights. It’s just that I know the community has strong feelings about open source and proprietary stuff and I don’t want to upset anyone… I guess the lodestones are fully self sufficient and that makes it okay

3 Likes

What about “Cyberware Calibration App”, “Cyberware Analyser” (or analyzer for the American English), or “Cyberware Test Centre”?

2 Likes

Yes but also no :thinking: I’m looking for the first keywords someone would type in the app store when they discover biohacking… I remember looking for apps involving “cyborg” and “implants”. “Implants” might be a bit too sensitive for our politicaly correct algorithm overlords so maybe cyborg, biothech… If I include “nfc” or “magnets” in there it becomes too restrictive

RE the community and its feelings; open source is great, but it still costs time and money to develop it, and nobody is entitled to other people’s labour, so it’s important that it be adequately funded, and that you be fairly compensated for your knowledge, skills, and hard work.

3 Likes

I don’t think you should worry about upsetting people, You have done the work and made a bespoke product for the community.

I have a paid version of the MCT app, because I use it frequently and it does what it says.
I would happily buy yours for the same reason.

As you are offering the app free with the purchase of the lodestones, I think thats a great decision, Buy a product get the software, If people don’t want to buy a lodestone, but if people want your app, and the functionality that comes with it, I don’t think buying it should be an issue.

How are you going to manage it?
Paypal for lodestones and an .apk link?
How will you stop people sharing the .apk? Hopefully they don’t But I would hate for you to miss out on what you have earnt?
Are you going to put it on the playstore? Again, Personally I would prefer you got ALL the profits…
Also I hate PayPal and avoid it where ever possible, will you have other options?

I wasn’t going to get a lodestone as I don’t have any biomagnets and don’t think I will get any, but I can think of a use, so I likely will grab one.
Have you considered selling via DT / Amal?
Would be a nice add on purchase to an xG3 or TiTAN :magnet_xg3: :magnet_titan:
If Amal is interested of course, that would take care of the shop front
Maybe sort out a DT Credit for implants :man_shrugging:
Anyway, thats a YOU and AMAL thing to discuss if its a possibility

I will shut up now…
Sorry

3 Likes

For the lodestones either PayPal or bank transfer for europeans (international is a bit costly and complicated I think). If someone wants to use something else why not. Eventually I will get something more permanent setup if I keep making them.

For the app, it goes on the app store and I can give out codes with the lodestones. No handling of apks, it makes things easier (for more organized open testing versions and device compatibility).

Let’s see if the concept works first with a first batch. Amal is usually very busy, I’ll just send him one when they get sent out and let him decide. I wouldn’t be against it.

Do you know the YouTube show Drawfee? They end their video in a similar way :joy:

Edit: by app store I mean google play. I’m not even considering apple, just too much native code for NFC…

4 Likes

I was thinking about selling the lodestones as well as accepting donations. I do have a Buy me a coffee
account already from previous projects but I feel like I could do everything with Patron. Have the lodestones be a reward for a tier… That would simplify the logistics and it’s not paypal

3 Likes