First implant story + photos

Hello people!

I just wanted to share my experience with the first implants I’ve had implanted just today :slight_smile:

At first, I was quite confident because you know, I researched everything possible :smiley: And then, of course, an hour before the implantation I was kind of nervous :smiley: But all of that went away the second I met my installer - amazing guy, professional beyond measure :slight_smile:

He installed flexDF2 and NeXT implant. Flex one was done using a scalpel, with enough local anesthesia that I didn’t really feel anything. He even gave me a small shot for the NeXT implant, so…yeah, amazing :smiley: And then he went a step further and gave me a little bonus stitch for it (after he cleaned the cut with a scalpel, as there was some folded skin left from the implantation needle).

Overall it was actually a very cool and comfortable experience, not scary or bad in any way :slight_smile:

For people in Czechia, I can highly recommend this place https://hell.cz (a guy named Šimon). He also travels to Oslo (Norway) every few months and does implantations there.

PS: I already booked a second appointment for the next month so that the left hand isn’t left out :laughing:

7 Likes

Congratulations!

2 Likes

Yeah just keep in mind to look for She-monovi if you look for contacts on their website.

2 Likes

Congrats!!!

5 Likes

Did he install bevel up :arrow_up:

:rofl:

3 Likes

Nope, definitely bevel down. And I’ve discussed with him basically everything here on the forum, quickly showed him some videos, and specifically mentioned bevel down vs up. And to be honest, I think that he noticed the skin only because he made the single suture so that the scar is smaller. It wouldn’t be an issue :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome to the club :slight_smile:
What kind of chips are you plannung next - I can always recommend the xSIID “blinkies” :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Are you living in “Praha”

1 Like

Thanks! I actually already bought the next implants :smiley: It’s VivoKey Spark 2 (already waiting at home) and Walletmor (still waiting for it to be delivered :neutral_face: ). But I must say that if there was an LED option for all implants, I would have all the colors. :rofl: I think I’ll go for some blinkies later :slight_smile:

Are you living in “Praha”

Yes :slight_smile: Prague, Czechia (Czech Republic)

2 Likes

Heres some to tide you over for the interim

:blinky_amber:
:blinky_blue:
:blinky_green:
:blinky_red:
:blinky_white:

3 Likes

Photos after 11 days after installation:

I just got the FlexDF2 stitches removed (an hour ago). It looks much better in person, the photo is scarier than it really is; it actually heals perfectly fine. I bet in a few days it will look similar to the NeXT implant needle “hole”.

1 Like

After 45 days, everything heals perfectly fine :slight_smile: I really recommend the scalpel method to anyone who is on the fence; no problems, no pain…everything is just fine :slight_smile:

Oh and also…bodyweight is balanced again :smiley:

(Walletmor and Spark2)

1 Like

Heck yeah you’re going all in xD

Will you get some magnets?

1 Like

Haha yeah, kinda :smiley: But no, I don’t think that I’ll get a magnet because I don’t like the fact that it would limit me (MRI and similar stuff), and also from what I’ve gathered the “sensing” isn’t as strong/useful as I would want it to be. But who knows, maybe I’ll change my mind in time :slight_smile:

But I’m definitely ordering the Apex when it finally comes out :smiley:

3 Likes