First self install

Lets start off with i’m very scared of needles. Probably a bad fear to have when getting implants but here i am. I already have my NeXT implanted in my right hand but have an LED chip that i’ve been waiting for 3 months now to get put in. Sadly this whole covid thing happened so i decided to do it myself.

Well i just did it about 15 minutes ago, there was no pain when installing it. Only pain i have is the healing process, same thing with my NeXT. What i want to know is what i should look out for while this heals, my biggest fear is i did not leave enough room for the chip. I’m pretty sure i did but hard to tell as i’m a bleeder so i cleaned it up and put on a band-aid right away.

2 Likes

The biggest thing is infection, keep it clean. Once a scab is there, just don’t rub it with dirt.

Well, this is a possibility. Once the bleeding has stopped, I would wash my hands, and feel the area to see. I guess if it is coming back toward the hole, I would tape a broke toothpick down to keep it from sliding. And then redress it if you can.

2 Likes

I did exactly this minus the toothpick. I redressed it a couple times, first was because I messed up the bandage and it was not sitting right, took a shower and cleaned it and put a new bandage on. I felt for the chip before dressing it again and it seemed to be fine. Everything looks like i did it correctly.

2 Likes

Did you take pictures or videos of the install?

1 Like

I did, i livestreamed it to some friends and recorded it as well. They get a little squeamish around this stuff so i thought it’d be fun to hear their reaction.

1 Like

Send me a link I like watching installs

Here is a link to the video. Sorry for the quality, had to crop out some work stuff

1 Like

Good job, I always think that self installa look difficult but there not that bad. Good job on waiting till the bleeding stopped befor putting the plaster on so many people get that wrong its not funny.

1 Like

It helps a lot to have something “tent” the skin, i feel it also distracts from any pain if there is any from the needle going in. Personally i did not feel any pain but on my first one i did but focusing on the pinching of my skin helped a lot.

1 Like

Just keep it clean! I put two in and happened to get one infected after the fact. If you see any redness or increased swelling get straight to the doctors! But thank god it’s all healed and back to normal :slight_smile: also if you go to the doctors anyway they’ll most probably send you for an X-ray :heart_eyes: So you can see the chip

It’s just about fully healed now, went perfectly :slight_smile:

2 Likes