Flex install in the Twin Cities (Minnesota, USA)?

Well, I had to endure hours of Finnish rap music yesterday at my local installer. It’s okay and some of it is actually fun to listen to, but it’s really not my bag. If I had a choice of background music to listen to, I’d take doctor’s office muzak over hard-core Finnish rap anyday :slight_smile: I did try to get them to play some James Holden once, but that went south in a hurry. Them guys thought I was a little queer :slight_smile:

Yeah, the music at my installer’s places are not really my style as well - pretty fast metal at my piercer’s, and strange, japanese metal or really dark ambient stuff at my bodmod artist’s. Well…
But German Schlager music is definitely some other thing, and while I can endure all kinds of strange music for quite some time, that’s just too much. :smile:

This thread seems relevant and the poster might be able to give you details of who they found to do it also.

1 Like

:vault_boy_thumbs_up:

Well that’s not the poster :stuck_out_tongue:
They claimed to end up going to a “medical professional” but yes that would be one of the pieces of hopefully relevant information on the thread :rofl:

I actually tried TheHolyMackerel. The email address for gives me a Delivery Status Notification (Failure) response, and when I try to call them, I get a “This Phone Number Is Not In Service”. Their website isn’t activated (with a note from Wix saying activate now!) I think they’re permanently closed, but at some point, when I’m next over in Saint Paul, I might stop by their shop just to see what’s up.

I think this may warrant a slightly annoyed email to the county board from a constituent. Has anyone drafted up something like that before to use as a template, or should I write my own?

1 Like

I’m noticing that the ordinance was implemented in July of 2002. I wonder if pointing out that things have changed in the past 19 years would be helpful in changing it.

Good luck. In Oregon they have a definition of piercing that precludes anything “functional” and body art is disallowed until they write up some procedures for it. I don’t think that they are in any hurry.

Live just north of Hennepin county, in Sherburne county. Every professional I contacted in the area seemed less than interested. I ended up having the Missus implant my NeXT.88, rfid10t

I’m doing a self implant whenever the Apex is released. Might be able to help you out also if you are interested

2 Likes

If it was me, I would take BPV up on his offer, he knows what he is doing…

Good experience here

1 Like

Thanks, @Backpackingvet! For now, I have someone potentially lined up (friend who is also a doctor) but I may end up taking you up on that offer.

1 Like

If you don’t mind a little road trip, Vibrant Body Arts in Sioux Falls has done a few chips for me already.

2 Likes

Hey man, nothing to apologize for. We’re all friendly here.

The only person I’ve seen recommended is Verno at TheHolyMackarel, but I’m not sure they’re still around and never had any work done by him. Since implants are technically considered illegal in Hennepin county, I’d try body modification places out in Saint Paul or Roseville. @amal wrote up this guide on approaching shops. Per my recollection, the XG3 installs similarly to an x-series RFID chip, albeit likely in slightly different locations. @backpackingvet might also be able to help.

I’m also happy to meet up to talk RFID down the line if you ever want it.

1 Like

I had my next placed at Black Coffin Tattoo in st.paul 94 and university area try them if your still looking or anyone else for that matter in the area. Very happy with their service.

1 Like

Good to know. It seems that there’s a shop in Rochester that’ll do xSeries and is on DT’s map.

2 Likes

I did see that too but gas is expensive and my trucks been getting about 10mpg highway :joy:

2 Likes

Don’t be mad, even England a metric country loves them some MPGs