FlexM1 Magic 1k or an xM1 Magic 1k

hey,

At these times I have the FlexMT in my hand, only I would have liked to have had a FlexM1 Magic 1k or an xM1 Magic 1k instead of the watch because my arm is not that wide to place another FlexMT.
But which one comes closest in strength?

1 Like

Definitely gonna be the FlexM1 xSeries will always be less range compared to a flex

1 Like

You mean the FlexM1 has a better range than the xM1 but still not as good as the FlexMT?

Yes

Well good is subjective…
The FlexMT would likely have better range due to its larger form factor (* generally the bigger the implant the better the range), The FlexMT also has a T5577 chip whereby the FlexM1 doesn’t so the extra performance AND extra capability would suggest that the FlexMT is better, however, if you could only do a needle install, then the xM1 or FlexM1 would be better, or if you wanted to be able to write to your implant with your phone, the the FlexM1gen2 would be better than the FlexMT

• for example a different antenna may perform better with an xSeries or how you are forced to approach a reader (parallel vs perpendicular)
    So “Generally” because more often than not, bigger is better :wink:

So it really depends on your use case…does that help?

1 Like

Can someone tell me what exactly the xM1 can be used for?

Very breifly, It is a High Frequency chip that is very commonly used, and the chip is referred to as “magic” because the NUID can be changed ( Not a common trait on many other chips )
It is a very good option if you have an actual use case for it, plus it is one of the few that are handy to have for “just in case”

Have you read this thread.

It explains the Magic Chips and their differences, the background etc.

It is a lot to learn if you don’t understand the basics, But it is also well written and well detailed, but if you need more guidance after reading it, just ask

Thanks for clarification. So sounds it’s worth to add to the plan of implants :wink:

1 Like

One more thing. Gen1a or 2 and why?

• gen1a: backdoor command that bypasses all the chip’s security features and settings, therefore unbrickable. But it may be detected by certain readers as a magic chip, since it will answer the backdoor command.

• gen2: no backdoor command, so undetectable. Sector 0 is programmable, but totally fuckable. And once you fuck it, it’s impossible to unfuck since there’s no backdoor command.

I’ve yet to encounter a system that checks for the gen1a backdoor command. I’m sure they exist, but practically they’re not even remotely a problem worth the risk of bricking the chip with the gen2.

In short, avoid the gen2 like the plague.

1 Like

I recently went through the same decision process.

My desired use is for hotel keys. I mainly use iPhone but picked up a Pixel 3a for RFID use. When I do get back to traveling I will probably have a PM3easy in my suitcase.

I’m slightly weighted more towards the gen1a being the good solution for me however I picked up a gen2 flex with the understanding/acceptance that if I brick it, I can always get a gen1a to replace it and call it tuition for learning.

I haven’t had any hotel keys laying around to play around with to figure out if they would be clonable direct from the phone, or would require the PM3 to decrypt (I’m guessing I will)

Sounds interesting. If case of bricking is the only difference then I assume the gen2 would be better because usage of the phone to configure it.

I think about the PM3 as well but not sure if I really need it.

If all you need is to copy the ID then no, but if you need to find unknown keys then yes you will need a proxmark3

What do you mean with unknown keys?

Well, keys are security devices… So what I mean is you are trying to copy the contents of a chip with keys that you don’t own or control or have knowledge of.

Got. Back to the hotel case. These cards I assume I need a PM for?

Most likely. The doors of hotel rooms are typically autonomous battery powered devices. They typically contain a real-time clock and the card contains the time fence… Basically the front desk programs the card with the start and end date that the card will work for that particular room. The door lock will read that data from the card and compare that time allowance to the clock to determine if the card is allowed to open the door for that room or not. All of that data obviously should be protected with security keys, which you would not know. Therefore you will probably need a PM for that

Got it. Thanks for clarification @amal so probably it makes sense zonieret a PM directly with a xM1 :slight_smile:

So. how exactly can I fu… a gen2? Could you elaborate on that, I mean, if I go with the gen2 I would like to know what I should not do.

Basically, as you can set any bit you could set it so that the chip configuration is invalid and can’t be changed.

You don’t want to do that.

Tnx a lot for your reply Zwack.
I understand that, but, honestly, I want to understand how to do that, I mean, do I have to write a specific command on the pm3 to do that or can I do it accidentally using a phone app like MCT. I really want to understand that 'cause I’m trying to decide which version should I order. Tnx!!!