flexNT installation

Awesome! Can’t wait. Thanks again

Do you have a professional guide for the scalpel procedure?

Would you happen to have an example of one?

There is this one

Scalpel Procedure

• Make a 8mm wide incision in skin
  • Lift & separate dermal layer using elevator tool
  • The subdermal “pocket” should be at least 35mm deep
  • Remove all tools from installation site
  • Slide flex device under skin with sterile gloves – no forceps or tools
  • Suture to close wound – do not pierce flex device while suturing

Ya but I was hoping for something professional looking. This procedure is a lot more involved so when I get a flex chip I know I’ll have to find someone and convince them to do it. Presentation makes a difference when do that so that’s why I wanted something colorful with pictures. Thank you though!

Oh, sorry, you mean something more like this professional installation guide?

4 Likes

I think??? @Tacticalsatan may have drafted up an example of an indemnification waiver.

pretty sure he is/was from Texas, and I guess the laws can differ from state to state as well as country, I will see if I can find it for you… also recently there was another one being discussed, I’ll see what I can dig up.

If you need to, a simplified generic waiver should do the job maybe with a small tweak…

There is this that might be worth a read

and this suggestion from @turbo2ltr

Well with a guide like you gave me I shouldn’t even need a waiver anymore.

But on a serious note that thread lead me to this thread:

So looks like Tactical Satan didn’t publish anything, but Amal is interested in making an official template?

1 Like

Yeah @Ikea was making some progress, but not sure where it is at, at the moment.

Don’t write off the needle option, For what it is worth, I will, and a few others I have conversed with will be using the needle installation.
I’m not going to say it is plug and play, but it is purpose made for the job. I’m my opinion, LESS to go wrong

Have you seen the Needle that the guide is referring to?
It is the correct gauge, and It has a laser etched measured depth guide.
Not the best photo, but you should get the idea.

https://forum.dangerousthings.com/uploads/short-url/3ZvkX7KKfFxuC7fWTP6lVKER3Bq.pdf

Ya, it does seem potentially safer. Or maybe not safer but something I could do myself, on my left arm at least. However any modification to my right arm I’d definitely need someone else for, and I guess it would be fair to give them that choice.

1 Like

:smile:

Quite possibly, but not sure where it is on his priority list. Obviously A LOT on his plate, also Personally I think the generic approach will be the easiest due to all the location variables.

If you decide to draft up your own or have a chat with @Ikea, please share and I’m sure you will get many opinions as to wording etc… Might be worth starting a separate thread for it
@Kinanizer Esquire

I haven’t seen @Tacticalsatan on the forum for a while… hopefully he pops back up.

I suppose I can do that since it looks like we don’t have a basic one.

sorry, just added and edited above, it would be worth having a chat with @Ikea who was making some good progress, but not sure how far off it is from publication…

I’m here! Sorry for being MIA recently. A lot going on. I was remodeling my house, then someone quit at work so I’m doing 2 jobs now, and my kid was in the hospital. It’s been crazy!

Because of all of this, I haven’t had the time to get my fkexnt installed yet, or create the waiver for the doctor willing to do the install. I apologise!

1 Like

Welcome back. hope you kid is all good now.
Oh, and the other stuff too…

For now he is doing well. Thank you!

2 Likes

Yeah the reason we don’t get too involved in the scalpel procedure is that it is clearly a medical procedure and we do not want to be perceived as providing medical advice… if your professional needs more to go on that our bullet point list, then they are not likely the professional for the job.

2 Likes

Fair enough point. I did notice your post about the Apex being wedged which would make the needle procedure that much easier, so I’ll probably go that route. Thank you for replying.

1 Like

Sorry I didn’t see all of these messages. I can post my “complete” waiver. The person who I needed it for said it was good enough for him, and I ended up busy with other things. I can post the WIP here though if wanted.

2 Likes

I would greatly appreciate that.

I’ll have to find it on my computer later. In the process of being kicked out of my dorm for Corona virus. Got a long drive ahead of me. I’ll have it posted soon though

3 Likes