flexNT installation

My

Sorry, I was actually being facetious, I should have put in a winky face, here is one now :wink: (better late than never) and now a :flushed: for not inserting a :wink:

That is a great guide Amal.
I guess that will be the accompanying guide when the Vivokey Flex is released publically.

I had previously thought about the bevel rotation purely from a logical point of view, so good to hear you confirm it.
The x series injector would be easy to 180ā° with the ā€œarmsā€ as an indicator but also the ā€œarmsā€ could get in the way when actually rotatingā€¦
With a piercing needle I had thought about marking the needle either top or bottom side of the bevel to the rear of the needle.
Just thoughts and NO actual practical knowledge.

Still keen to see and actual video of a needle installation of a flex.
If I get a VK Flex Iā€™ll give it all a crack.
Needle, rotate, videoā€¦
What could go wrong :wink:

2 Likes

Got a reply from that doctor. She is willing to do the procedure! The only issue is, it would cost me around $350.

Med doc or surgeon or cosmetic surgeon?

Medical doctor. 350 bucks seems kinda steep. My max would be around $150. Though, not too sure if thatā€™s reasonable number or not. considering I still gotta pay the $150 for the flexNT.

Yeahā€¦ talk to Pineapple ā€¦ heā€™s likely in the $150 range.

Heā€™s done plenty of flex installs.

For sure. I emailed him a few days ago. Waiting to hear back still

1 Like

Ordered my flexNT yesterday. Are they backordered? Just curious. @amal

Turns out they are! I just got a request from Michelle to fire up a batchā€¦ Iā€™ll start on those tomorrowā€¦ should ship next week.

1 Like

Awesome! Canā€™t wait. Thanks again

Do you have a professional guide for the scalpel procedure?

Would you happen to have an example of one?

There is this one

Scalpel Procedure

• Make a 8mm wide incision in skin
  • Lift & separate dermal layer using elevator tool
  • The subdermal ā€œpocketā€ should be at least 35mm deep
  • Remove all tools from installation site
  • Slide flex device under skin with sterile gloves ā€“ no forceps or tools
  • Suture to close wound ā€“ do not pierce flex device while suturing

Ya but I was hoping for something professional looking. This procedure is a lot more involved so when I get a flex chip I know Iā€™ll have to find someone and convince them to do it. Presentation makes a difference when do that so thatā€™s why I wanted something colorful with pictures. Thank you though!

Oh, sorry, you mean something more like this professional installation guide?

4 Likes

I think??? @Tacticalsatan may have drafted up an example of an indemnification waiver.

pretty sure he is/was from Texas, and I guess the laws can differ from state to state as well as country, I will see if I can find it for youā€¦ also recently there was another one being discussed, Iā€™ll see what I can dig up.

If you need to, a simplified generic waiver should do the job maybe with a small tweakā€¦

There is this that might be worth a read

and this suggestion from @turbo2ltr

Well with a guide like you gave me I shouldnā€™t even need a waiver anymore.

But on a serious note that thread lead me to this thread:

So looks like Tactical Satan didnā€™t publish anything, but Amal is interested in making an official template?

1 Like

Yeah @Ikea was making some progress, but not sure where it is at, at the moment.

Donā€™t write off the needle option, For what it is worth, I will, and a few others I have conversed with will be using the needle installation.
Iā€™m not going to say it is plug and play, but it is purpose made for the job. Iā€™m my opinion, LESS to go wrong

Have you seen the Needle that the guide is referring to?
It is the correct gauge, and It has a laser etched measured depth guide.
Not the best photo, but you should get the idea.

https://forum.dangerousthings.com/uploads/short-url/3ZvkX7KKfFxuC7fWTP6lVKER3Bq.pdf

Ya, it does seem potentially safer. Or maybe not safer but something I could do myself, on my left arm at least. However any modification to my right arm Iā€™d definitely need someone else for, and I guess it would be fair to give them that choice.

1 Like

:smile:

Quite possibly, but not sure where it is on his priority list. Obviously A LOT on his plate, also Personally I think the generic approach will be the easiest due to all the location variables.

If you decide to draft up your own or have a chat with @Ikea, please share and Iā€™m sure you will get many opinions as to wording etcā€¦ Might be worth starting a separate thread for it
@Kinanizer Esquire

I havenā€™t seen @Tacticalsatan on the forum for a whileā€¦ hopefully he pops back up.

I suppose I can do that since it looks like we donā€™t have a basic one.

sorry, just added and edited above, it would be worth having a chat with @Ikea who was making some good progress, but not sure how far off it is from publicationā€¦