Getting implant for home front door and interior locks

Hi, me and my partner are in the uk and we’ve not long just got out first permanent place together, we both have a rubbish memory and always losing things, I’ve seen online about a rfid being implanted into a human and it can unlock doors and cupboards, me and my partner are really keen on the idea of having it and want to know more, could anyone possibly help me out and understand it abit please, for example do you buy the implant and the lock together or do you buy it separately and set it up,me and my partner really need this brilliant piece of technology in our lives, could anyone spare a minute and help us out please, thanks

Usually people find locks that work for them, and then purchase an implant to work with the lock. There is a matrix listing tested products, and a review section that can help. There are also some overviews of the basics as well.

I .sure @Pilgrimsmaster will be along shortly with links to everything (I am out shopping with my wife so I can’t easily look things up).

1 Like

The implant compatibility matrix can be found here:

And the reviews section of the forum contains information about some compatible locks:

1 Like

tumblr_6a69a567df5e2bee542d4e52f37c7e65_39034428_500

This is easier

PLHuKEU

1 Like

Thanks, I feel I understand on how to get the implant and lock for home, I get a lock and then get a chip implanted that’s compatible with the lock, could someone please explain the difference between nfc and rfid chips and it’s different uses

Just quickly, we know what you mean and MANY people say the same thing but technically

To answer your question, it will be very generally
Low Freq 125kHz
Great Flexibility - Less secure
the T5577 chip in our implants ( xEM, NExT, FlexEM etc), it can emulate many types of chips, and is a great chip ( Just not as secure as some others ) but select this hyperlink to learn more about T5577
But basically, it can have the chip type changed as well as the ID.
It is compatible with MANY LF systems

High Freq 13.56MHz
Some Flexibility - More secure
there is not an equivalent chip to the T5577 that can be “all” HF chips, but the FlexMN can do a few of them, and the Mifare 1K that we see in the xM1, FlexM1, FlexMT, is used with a large number of systems because it very popular world wide and has a changeable ID, but as far as HF goes, it would be the least secure, but convenient for us.
For more secure functionality, if it is utilised correctly, is something like the DESFire chips in xDF2 FlexDF and FlexDF2.

Sometimes a system may just look for an ID and if it is “talking” the same language eg. ISO14443A which Mifare and DESFire have in common, you could in theory use a “simple” Mifare chip on a
“complex” DESFire system.
HF can also mostly be interacted with on your phone via NFC

Data sharing, access control are 2 of the more common uses