Hello ;) NFC /RIFD

Hello . I am wondering which chip is best for social media sharing / visitcard ? And which chip is best for door access etc

I have magic :joy::muscle: new soo not in use now

1 Like

Perhaps Amal’s technology primer should be the first stop for you.

3 Likes

Hello . I am wondering which chip is best for social media sharing / visitcard ?

Generally speaking, the easiest is the xNT and it’s cousins flexNT, NExT and xSIID.

And which chip is best for door access etc

Here the chip has to match the protocol used by the access system. If you own the system, you get to choose a chip that will be compatible. If someone else is in control of the system (like in an office) you either have to ask the operator to enrol a compatible chip on their system, or you have to clone an existing card to your compatible chip.

I have magic :joy::muscle: new soo not in use now

I’m not sure what you meant by this. Do you have an xMagic implant that you are not using yet?

2 Likes

I currently use a NExT for both door access at my office places (LF Side emulating my issued HID ID Badge), for sharing my contact information and social media accounts (HF Side with a link that will send smartphones to a unit link site), and as my password for several different accounts and systems (HF Side’s UID with a KB1 Reader on my PC and the Tappy App on my phone).
As @LabRat said, there are several chips that are very good for the applications you mentioned, and being specific will help you narrow down your search. I landed on the NExT after doing a lot of research into the options available from DT and what my use cases would be.
(I also have a xSIID that my partner and I use for funsies, loading links, images, map locations, and other things into when we want to send “secret messages”. Also an xG3 that holds screws for me while I work on computer hardware.)

2 Likes