How durable are the implant transponders?

The thing about pressure and tissue… I mean if you literally folded your hand in half to the point of ripping tissue then yes the glass could break when pressed against with that much force, but generally speaking your tissue is going to accommodate the pressure and allow the glass to do what it needs to do before the glass will reach a point of breaking. The only exception is with hard tissue like some types of cartilage and bone. So, if the implant slides under the bone and basically the rope is pressing it deeper into your hand, then your hand will accommodate whatever it needs to accommodate to allow the glass to sink further and deeper into your tissue.

If however, the glass decides to slip up on top of the bone and ends up between the rope and your bone, then the tissue is going to kind of act like a stabilizer and hold it there while the rope just crushes it.

2 Likes

To give you an idea, I forget who it was but someone here had an accident with their hand. I think it was a gun misfire or something… anyway it hit their hand extremely hard to the point where they were certain that the glass had broken. They took an x-ray and saw a bunch of tissue damage and liquid that had essentially welled up around the implant… But the glass was fine. The pressure was so great that it forced the glass through the encapsulation tissue and cartilage, caused swelling and bleeding internally… But the glass was fine. This is what I mean by your tissue accommodating the glass.

In more simple terms, we could just say something like tissue will tear at a pressure of X but glass breaks at a pressure of Y which is greater.

2 Likes