iCopy-X **looks like a proprietary piece of SHIT :Poop:**

icopy-x

looks promising
RFID Card Copier
“Replacement” for a ProxMark?
More suitable for us than a Flipper Zero?
Will it read and write to an xSeries :man_shrugging:

https://icopy-x.com/

$199-$465

1 Like

Also interesting

UPDATE:

Unusual wording
This could be another deal-breaker like Keysy!!!
That sounds like Proprietary to me, but the Youtube Video makes it look like bring your own “card” is fine, so I wonder if that means icopy-x cards will not work with Proxmark etc… but that also seems strange

But here is another video

1 Like

Yikes. For $200 minimum I’d rather just spend a bit more and get an rdv4

4 Likes

IIRC it’s semi proxmark based? (Yep, just looked, it seems to be running a PM3 with iceman software, and software limitations for what it can clone to)

2 Likes

I would urge anyone interested in this device to check out Doegox’s investigation of it thus far:

There is a lot of interesting findings in there and Im sure there will be many more in the near future.

6 Likes
1 Like

An add on for the iCopy-X that may be of interest to some

We’ve just launched the pre-order for the UK for the ICopy-XS… cards to follow. Officially the RRP is meant to be £450 according to the Icopy UK distribution price… we’ve listed it as £350.

https://cyborg.ksecsolutions.com/product/icopy-xs-handheld-smart-rfid-multi-tool/

Just a quick update and WARNING

It has been confirmed that the iCopy uses a proprietary system so will only work with iCopy supplied cards and NOT with our implants.

But they are not getting my money for a piece if proprietary protected bullshit, they are definitely not getting another $400 for this

iCopy also have this product in their range
The iCS Decoder for ICLASS SE & SEOS

only works with the iCopy-XS

400.00$ USD

1 Like

There’s my answer I guess. Not that I’m particularly surprised…

I assume that it is a Software limitation, and I know there are smart enough people out there to “hack” and remove this limitation, but those people are probably also the same people happy with their current proxmarks and also carry a computer with them everywhere they go.

I for one, want something small enough and robust enough that I can keep in my backpack, that is standalone and easy to use.

The PM3 Easy - running off RFID tools on my android is not elegant but it’s OK, Also I am not fully trusting / confident in the reliability of the LF readings I get. HF seems to be fine though

squirrel-huh

(actually, that is something we see with firmware mismatch on a PC, pretty sure it’s fine but I better check)

Anyway

I guess I’ll wait for the reply from iCopy and hold my breath for the FlipperZero

ASSUMING iCopy removed their current proprietary protection :poop: , and it worked as well as the Proxmark , would you buy an

iCopy or Proxmark or Both
  • I would buy an iCopy EVEN THOUGH I already have a Proxmark
  • I would buy an iCopy BUT I already have a Proxmark
  • I would rather just stick with my ProxMark
  • I don’t own either but I would buy an iCopy
  • I don’t own either but I would but a ProxMark3
  • I don’t own either and don’t want either

0 voters

AGAIN ASSUMING iCopy removed their current proprietary protection :poop: , and it worked as well as the Proxmark , What would your purchase criteria for an iCopy be?

iCopy for use with implants
  • I would buy an iCopy ONLY if it worked with all my implants (including xSeries)
  • I would buy an iCopy even if it only worked with my FlexSeries

0 voters

Missing option:

• I would buy an iCopy only if it worked BETTER than a PM3 with all my implants.
5 Likes

Sorry for reviving an old topic, but I wanted to share my findings. I was hesitant about buying an iCopy-X after reading through this, but I got one anyway. The version I got was the iCopy-XS, and it was able to write to generic MIFARE and T5577 keyfobs that I purchased from Amazon. It also works great with a chameleon.

1 Like

doegoxx wrote a stellar piece about how to configure cards to be accepted by the uk-icopy devices.

2 Likes

That’s actually good to know. The whole reason I have not gotten one yet is because I could not use generic cards.

1 Like

So we stock the EU version, which is unlocked and does not require manufactures cards for the common cards (Apart from iclass etc). https://labs.ksec.co.uk/product-category/icopy/

This was not made fully clear by the manufacturer when released or really now either.

1 Like

So the US version is the locked one good to know, and not a huge surprise there.