Implant seems pretty superficial

I placed this implant (xg3v2) in myself about 4 weeks ago, and during installation I noted that I may not have gone deep enough under the skin. I also did not push the needle very far so as to create a pocket to allow for migration. The second point doesn’t seem to have been an issue. The area is still a bit discolored, but no more than it was since implanting. The area is nontender, the implant has not migrated, and there seems to be no sign of rejection. It has not become more superficial since placing it. The scab is closed. Compared to my other injectable impant, it seems much more superficial. They are in different locations, however.

I’m wondering if anyone would care to weigh in on the placement and possible longevity.

Here’s some good info to read

2 Likes

I’d say there’s a 50/50 chance that tissue will necrotise and the magnet will fall out. There’s so much pressure from the magnet pushing on the dermis that it appears white. That means there is no significant blood flow going through that tissue and it’s probably going to die.

Keep an eye on it and if it starts to look like it’s dying and scabbing up, you’ll have to remove it and put some antiseptic and a Band-Aid over the wound, and it should heal up.

2 Likes

Thanks to both of you for the information. I’ll continue to monitor it, and I’ll take action if it starts showing signs of getting worse. I’ll post an update later on.

2 Likes