Install Videos and Pictures šŸ©ø

Yeah this was the idea and actually what I wrote in the original instructionsā€¦ however, nobody can seem to keep the plunger properly static while sliding back the needle. It seemed ridiculously overcomplicated anyway, so I revised the guide to just retracting the needle and then pushing the plunger. Itā€™s so easy a monkey could do it, and thereā€™s literally no down side to doing it this way vs the complicated dual moving parts way.

2 Likes

For my first install, neither my installer nor I had read your guide - for the simple reason that I was implanting an IAR and I didnā€™t know about DT, and the installer didnā€™t know about implants at all :slight_smile: - and the installer figured that the best course of action was to ram the needle in up to the point I had specified, then squeeze the plunger and my index finger together, then pull the syringe out. It made complete sense and it worked dandy - at least it wouldā€™ve if the chip hadnā€™t come out with the syringe for reasons unknown.

2 Likes

A few weeks ago, got a pay and an xG3 in my ring finger

This is how itā€™s going

7 Likes

It might look that way, just by the way the video was edited! But I remember specifically guiding her as she did the install, Iā€™ll try see if I can get the full videoā€¦

2 Likes

I thought I saw someone already compliment your tattoo, but just incase

that looks really cool :slight_smile: love how the colors came out

Iā€™m a sucker for little tattoos like that, that are small and tasteful, but always visible to the owner
( I have both small quotes on the undersides of both my wrists)

if you havenā€™t already, an xSIID would look cool underneath :wink:

1 Like

Hereā€™s an old picture from these events.

The scars are almost invisible now. My skin is also very dry from all of the pandemic hand washing and antibacterial gelā€¦ And Iā€™m thinking of getting that xEM autoclaved and reinstalled but in a slightly more distal position.

Iā€™m going to end up with even more pictures to post here in the future. :drop_of_blood:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve already got an NExT under there but I might add a white field detector
Iā€™m getting an apex mega spectrum in my forearm,and Iā€™ll do a unicorn with the horn right over the LED

3 Likes

My friend getting a fingertip Titan in

1 Like

Couldnā€™t find a good place to post this xG3 tragus removal. Seems either almost no one gets things removed, or if they do no one reports on it. This is just a fun little quirky video. No recommendations

3 Likes

Is that you? If so, I hope that the Bellā€™s Palsy that you mentioned in the video description gets better soon.

Also, was it a side effect of one of the covid vaccines or something else entirely?

1 Like

Haha what? Where did you hear that?

Some people were experiencing Bellā€™s palsy from covid for short periods of time at the beginning of the pandemic, but the mechanism of action for the vaccines is different. It doesnā€™t produce hostile virus particles that would attack your epithelial cells, just the immunological reaction.

Mine wasnā€™t covid related. Because of where I live it could have been Lymeā€™s disease, but we eliminated that possibility. That just leaves some kind of herpes inhabiting the nerve cells. Honestly doctors know very little about Bellā€™s Palsy. They know it canā€™t be treated, and thatā€™s all anyone needs to know because itā€™s not profitable to do anything else.

Itā€™s been 3 months for me, and the neurologist said to expect 6-9 months (if that even means anything). Upside, when it lasts 6 months Iā€™ll finally get that MRI with a fingertip Titan installed that Iā€™ve been after. My left side of my body is fucked anyway from psoriatic arthritis, so I expect this kind of bullshit. Looks like in addition to replacing my left arm and leg with bionics, Iā€™ll also need to develop a face mirroring electrode array to get my expressions back and stave off atrophy.

6 Likes

Heard about it after a family member ended up in the ER shortly after the third shot. He recovered fully after a few hours but we all though he had suffered from a stroke at first. From my understanding, itā€™s one of the rare side effects but I still have to read the published scientific research about this.

Thankfully, Iā€™ve never had any adverse reactions to vaccines. But I got the covid one a bit late because I was very depressed. Ironically, the nurse asked me if I was afraid of chip implants or somethingā€¦ :man_facepalming:t2:

I want to replace my entire body with bionicsā€¦ I hope that this will be possible Soonā„¢.

2 Likes

Whyā€™d you get it out? Too sensitive? Not useful enough? Or an MRI?

I wanted to replace my xG3 v1 with an xG3 v2 for my tragus monophone experiments. This will have been the 4th magnet in that ear. No pain no gain.

Iā€™m not afraid of an MRI. Iā€™m actually looking forward to my next chance to get one with a fingertip magnet in so I can record it

2 Likes

smuggles the phone to record and the fingermagnet in mri room

6 Likes

This has been my dilemma.

I have 2 titans that need to be put in me. I am also arguing with the VA as to if they will MRI me, because of the chips.

They said they would prefer I take them out for the scan, or they want to do a needle guided CT of my spine.

Iā€™m so over waiting, part of me wants to put them in and just hope they donā€™t fly out.

2 Likes

I might be wrong here, but wasnā€™t there a kind of ā€œshieldingā€ option? Especially with magnets in the fingers, wouldnā€™t it be possible to somehow ā€œblockā€ the MRI in that area?

I have obviously no clue about that, but I think I read it somewhereā€¦ maybe even here^^

Nopeā€¦ not really an option. You can shield against the RF electric field generated by the MRI machineā€¦ and thatā€™s typically only done in the walls of the MRI room. I think you might be able to make use of eddy currents induced into metal plating to try to reduce the magnetic field propagation, but that would also affect the MRI field inside the machine and so prob not whatā€™s wantedā€¦ plus it would get really really hot doing that.

They have mu metal shields for people who have shrapnel in their body. They preferentially direct the magnetic field through them and away from your body. They either donā€™t have them or refuse to use them at most places. Rarely would it not be easier to just do a CT scan

Yeah, that was what I read about! I mean, there are lots of people with some sorts of metal inside their bodiesā€¦ okay, most of it today is titanium, which should be MRI-safe. But especially shrapnels are usually not made of titanium^^