Intro and questions

Fatal mistake. I expect you’ll be burned at the stake for this.

1 Like

… the way the world is going, that might soon be the easy way out… I was going to swing by the office and take some pics of the scanner tomorrow while I was out, then heard that there have been five confirmed cases in the building in the last week and a half so… I’m’a pass on that trip for now…

So I have the proxmark up and running and it does detect both original/donors. Not sure if that tells you smart people enough to know if that card can be duped, but I have been going ahead under the assumption that is can not, based on previous feedback. Figured I’d put it up in case it gave good news. Scanning the card using lf search came up blank, so I believe that is out of reach right now.

1 Like

May be that the p40 is actually a t55xx which is kinda cool. Have you got a t5577 test card with your package if so you could try the steps from @Satur9 in the post you linked.

I’ve got one of these lying around (Canadia money for scale). Let’s see if I can get this RVD2 I just got from cexshun running so I can try some stuff out for ya.

1 Like

Here’s what I got from running an lf search on my RVD2 running the most recent iceman
ioProx

If your P40 is an ioProx card, it should be easily detectable and cloneable.

@Devilclarke I wonder if it really is a T5577 in there. Now I’ll have to do some science.

EDIT: Lol. Yeah, it’s just a T5577 in there. Nothing special. They charge $10+ for these. I made it into an EM4100 with 3 commands.

1 Like

The pm clone came with a handful of unlabeled, unidentified cards and I have some other random unlabelled cards from various Arduino and rPi kits. I’ll go through those and see how they read. Worst case, I have the bunch of test cards coming from Red Team and KSEC I can use when they come in.

2 Likes

Looks like the kits I was using before were almost exclusively MiFare of one flavor or another. I have a dozen or so MiFare Classic cards, a couple of MiFare Ultralight and, oddly, two EM410 which came with the Sparkfun RFID Starter Kit. Looks like those are my only LF cards on hand. I have a meeting I need to get ready for, but I’ll look into that angle later. If not, I’ll have to wait for the snail mail.

I have found almost every card and fob I have encountered so far are actually T5577 I suppose if there that cheap (like they are) why wouldn’t you.

On my way out the door but I just got a reply from my contact at work; Sounds like they are willing to add an implant in the system in place of the iClass ID badge. Is the PM scan of the card above enough to know for certain that the xSLX will work as a replacement, or do we need more info? I’ve been WFH for the last little while and just found out there have been a number of confirmed cases in the office in the last week and a half so if @Compgeek needs a pic of the reader, that’s going to have to wait. It’s a black rectangle HID reader with a long LED bar along the top edge, visually the same as this one image which may mean everything or nothing.

@amal - If it’s enough to know it’ll work, and my NExT order has not yet shipped (order 22271) then hold on to it a tick, I’ll likely add one to it.

1 Like

Also, if you have one that will work then I’ll likely want the NExT in my R0 and the (xSLX?) in my L5. I know everyone is different, but I need an honest expectation. I’m a software dev so I need to be able to type… Is doing both at once going to mess me up too much or is typing the same/next day typically alright?

Two x-series that far apart should be fine to do install in one session

2 Likes

Yeah you’ll be fine, I used to be a cable puller literally ramming a fiberglass rod down a 1 inch tube then pulling back 200m of cable I did that the day after a xem in L0

1 Like

Cool. I figured one hand would be fine, average case I type a little slower or worst case I give that hand a break for a day or two and type one-handed… but I can’t have both hands down at the same time :stuck_out_tongue:. From the posts here I don’t expect any issues, just figured I’d ask…

2 Likes

Sweet. Heard back from my friend in security. If I get an implant that can work with the access system he is willing to authorize it in the system as my replacement badge.

What info do you folks need from me in order to be as sure as you can be about replacing (not cloning) that iClass card, and how sure is “as sure as you can be” in this case?

Sorry to be a pain in the rump; I’m new, nervous, and a little overwhelmed by the options.

Well, the best way to be absolutely sure would be to get test cards like these. Go talk to the security guy, swipe one of these cards at the reader, have him look at the swipe logs to get the ID and then have him activate that as your card. If that works, you should be able to repeat the process for an implant.

1 Like

I have a blank iClass card from Red Team coming, I guess that won’t cut it because it isn’t preprogrammed? It would still beep or not to tell if it can be read, right? The amazon cards say two months for delivery, I’ll look for a faster supplier for the same if the RTA one is not what you need.

The reason I selected those cards is that they are iCode SLI cards, very similar to the chip inside the xSLX implant. If you want to know if that implant will work with your access control system, that’s the most surefire way to do it. Those cards aren’t common though, so if you can’t source any on a reasonable timescale some others on here might have suggestions for you that are less certain but easier to test

2 Likes

Hah. Ho0w messed up is that… If I order them from amazon.ca it says expected delivery 3 Nov - 30 Nov. I can buy them off amazon.com with international shipping before the end of the month. I’m impatient and totally spoiled with Prime, but 2-3 weeks isn’t terrible. I’ve ordered the ones you linked, now we wait.

are we there yet?

are we there yet?

are we there yet?

1 Like

sorry buddy shipped just about the time you asked :confused:

1 Like

All good. I figured I could save the twobux and hassle of international shipping for you.

1 Like