IO Prox to T5577

do lf t55 detect and when it’s in the perfect position and reading reliably then do the write commands then lf search

That’s giving me this result:

[usb] pm3 → lf t55 detect
[!] Could not detect modulation automatically. Try setting it manually with ‘lf t55xx config’
[!] Could not detect modulation automatically. Try setting it manually with ‘lf t55xx config’

Did lf t55xx config…
[usb] pm3 → lf t55xx config
[=] — current t55xx config --------------------------
[=] Chip type… T55x7
[=] Modulation… ASK
[=] Bit rate… 0 - RF/8
[=] Inverted… No
[=] Offset… 0
[=] Seq. terminator… No
[=] Block0… 00000000 (n/a)
[=] Downlink mode… default/fixed bit length
[=] Password set… No

Should I change something in the config? If so, how?

Doing a test mode based on another thread helped…
lf t55 write -b 0 -d 00088048 -t

[=] Chip type… T55x7
[=] Modulation… ASK
[=] Bit rate… 2 - RF/32
[=] Inverted… No
[=] Offset… 32
[=] Seq. terminator… Yes
[=] Block0… 00088048 (auto detect)
[=] Downlink mode… default/fixed bit length
[=] Password set… No

[usb] pm3

UPDATE:
Never mind. Don’t know what I did but it’s back to Could not detect modulation automatically

this shows me your not connected to your t5577 very well. keep doing lf t55 detect till it shows up with the data in block 0 not just blank… move your ring round

1 Like

Don’t know if I bricked the ring somehow. It is no longer showing up in lf search as t55xx chipset.

The card however is showing up…
[usb] pm3 → lf search

[=] NOTE: some demods output possible binary
[=] if it finds something that looks like a tag
[=] False Positives ARE possible
[=]
[=] Checking for known tags…
[=]
[-] No known 125/134 kHz tags found!
[+] Chipset detection: T55xx
[?] Hint: try lf t55xx commands
[usb] pm3

But not in lf t55xx detect. I have tried placing it in different quadrants right on the PM3 Easy antenna. Tried placing the ring in 9 different locations too right on the antenna. Should I raise it a bit?

Also, on the ring it seems to have an issue with the T55xx chip only. The other chips are showing up fine with lf search.

Update:
It seems very much a hardware issue with the T5577 chips in the card and ring I’m using. When I use my ioProx tag, lf t55xx detect works perfectly every time.

Dumb question:

neintynein’s example in July 22 shows a Blk 00 as 6001F0D4? How/why did this value 6001F0D4 change to “00147040” as shown in the command “lf t55 write -b 0 -d 00147040”.

~Blackhawks

the block 0 value beginning with 6 is the result of adding the —Q5 tag which formats the data being written for Q5/T5555 tags.

00147040 is the normal T5577 block 0 according to the datasheet in reference to the configuration block

1 Like

Gotcha - thanks for the explanation!