I've finally committed

I finally committed after years of contemplation to become “One of Us”. For years I have not been able to get myself into BioHacking Village at DEFCON and at the same time all I heard from people the last two years was that implants we’re going on in there. Something I wanted to see first hand :wink: But I spent all three days at the last con in Lockpick Village and swept the table last day (since then it has become an obsession) while my husband went to talks and sold his product (Netool.io). I got sucked in to the world of locks and totally forgot about Biohacking. Somewhere along the “damnit, I can’t remember that password” line, I was reminded of my need for modification. I recently ordered the xSIID NFC LED in Blue and being the self motivated doer I am, I brushed up on human hand anatomy and implanted the chip myself (there’s no one within hundreds of miles to do for me unless I wanted to fly to Las Vegas from Reno). Honestly, I give myself IV’s occasionally when I feel like crap after being sick or had a little too much to drink the night before. It was no big deal. It has since healed nicely. I managed video and photo of the process. I did implant bevel up which hurt like a mofo, I’ll try bevel down next implant as I ordered the Lifestyle bundle and cannot wait to get those in. My husband of 16 years is the tech guy and I’m going to heavily rely on his help (and this lovely community) as I’ve only just started learning to code in Bioinformatics class (Python). I’m more of a “break into this place” or “build this for me” (I make cinematic quality replica props) person. This is honestly an incredible life changing opportunity and I thank Amal for it, and this community for the help you’ll probably give me in the near future.

Cora

10 Likes

2 Likes

Awesome news MsVanWolf! I’m excited to hear about your exploits. We got your back if you hit a snag.

4 Likes

ONE OF US

Welcome! I just put in my xLED(my second chip) this morning by myself. I went with the point down and felt no pain at all. Glad you decided to get one!

2 Likes

Thank you. I’m currently gathering the courage to implant the next one. lol That first one hurt like hell.

1 Like

it’s definitely a nerve-wracking thing for me to stick myself with a big needle. I was very very shaky when doing it. If you didn’t already have something to “tent” the skin when putting the needle in, i recommend finding something that would do it. I just used a binder clip that i sterilized the best i could, it makes it much easier and with it pinching my skin, i did not feel the needle at all.

2 Likes

Hmm great idea. I’ll use that too. I did try to use my autoclaved hemostats, but they just wouldn’t keep a grip on the bulk even with a rubber band around them.

Here’s video, you don’t get to hear me cuss out the needle in the beginning though. Lol Although you do get to listen to Adam Savage in the background.

3 Likes

Bloody nice job!

2 Likes

I’ll have to edit out some work logos for my video and ill post it.(dont think they’d be happy with me promoting anything) Mine actually bled a good amount. I was unprepared for it to bleed like that so took me a second to get the gauze haha.

1 Like

Thank you. If I bled a fair amount I might have passed out, maybe. Depends on the day. Also I’d be worried about needle being in the wrong place, so I would’ve stopped and let it heel, then try again another day, new approach.
I should mention this was sans lidocaine, I wasn’t patient enough to wait an hour. Lol

Today I embedded NFC LED white Flex chips in my gel nails. Lol This is what boredom and time gets you.

4 Likes

Wow, what a nostalgic track! :musical_note:

I’m looking forward to getting my nails done again, partially for this reason! :nail_care: Are they bio-gel or just shellac? And which nail tags did you buy, do you mind sharing?

Edit: the video says gel nails, nevermind :yum:

1 Like

Occasionally I listen to the nostalgic tracks. Gets me in the tech mood.

I bought them from ebay :slight_smile: It was a 20 pack, in case I messed up. lol Which when it comes to nails, I constantly mess up. Ive already wasted three by accidentally filing too far through the gel and hitting the chip. I used the Gelish polygel trial kit: Slip solution, polygel and brush/application stick. Had to buy the soak off gel polish separately, as well as the PH bond, Pro bond, foundation, and top coat. Requires a UV cure lamp as well. I just ebayed and Amazoned everything.

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks for all the info! I’m far too lazy so I’ll just wait until I can get another full set of bio-gels done :joy:

1 Like

Lol, it’s taken me a whole day, but I’m a stubborn woman. I just put on the ole tracks and watched Ozzy Man on youtube. ALL DAY, while I did them :wink:

1 Like

This one sounds like a project post

1 Like