June 2022 VivoKey Apex Flex update

I don’t think it’s meant to be lol

I must be blind as a bat, because I see nothing. Link?

Not listed in the product pages, but if you know the link:

3 Likes

I was not pre ordered but am in DT club. I ordered one a fortnight or so ago and it was shipped within about 3 or 4 days (which included the weekend). It has arrived and am awaiting install.

As usual, great service from DT.

1 Like

The page still says that it’s in private pre-sale but it would be nice for it to become available. I’m in no rush as I still need an installer for it and I’m planning to use it for the PIV functionality at first. should I buy a Tesla?

1 Like

yeah its basically kinda sorta public… though i’m not making any announcements about it yet… but the keen-eyed will see you can actually order it now… and you will get one shipped out… it’s just not ready for “the big marketing push” because I really want that to be done through the VivoKey brand for direct sale. I’m working on assets and software and all kinds of things to get non-biohackers into the mix - people new to implants, implant performance, and orientation issues. Also people who might not have a very good working understanding of hmac, pgp, otp, etc. (this includes me).

13 Likes

Do you have any sort of timeline on more details for us noobs on setting up hmac? :pray:

soon™ :slight_smile:

we are working on an Apex companion app for Android and iOS (eventually) which will help you push keys into PGP and HMAC applets.

9 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for all the hard work you and the team do!!

1 Like

I took a shot in the dark a few hours ago and ordered. And when it shipped I dropped my phone. So Excited!!!

9 Likes

hoooo baby… now to see how much the import costs will be :rofl::unamused:

1 Like

Time to move to the US :upside_down_face:

1 Like

There ain’t enough money in the world, no offense :rofl:

5 Likes

Guys, please correct me if I’m wrong!

So basically, the VivoKey Apex Flex supports Fidesmo pay, it can be connected to a Curve card, and be used for payments right?
Just like a Walletmor implant on steroids?

1 Like

It supports payment from a technical point of view.
However both payment processors (Visa and Mastercard) don’t allow payment implants at the moment.
As soon as they would allow that, Apex Flex could get enrolled for payments

5 Likes

I closed a credit card because it didn’t match up to the coolness factor of the other cards in my wallet. If I’m buying dinner, I’m using the translucent one where you can see the NFC coil. It’s an expression of identity.

Also me. c’mere with that card reader, I am the payment method.

4 Likes

Oooooooooh, Christmas came early this year :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Super excited with what I’ve been able to do with the Apex Flex so far. I’ve got SmartPGP on there and linked in the key authentication to my workflow here (SSH auth / git commit signing).

This is exactly what I’ve been wanting for 5 years or so. Super pleased.

21 Likes

Nothing good comes easy. I feel late on the bat considering I have no beta or actual chip. OMG I had the cash to buy sooooo many Vivokey Apex, but now I need to figure out a alternative solution to the problem of not having the latest tech. I hear good news, this is important regardless of the struggles. I NEED to login more, get a heads up. Ok enough of mombo yombo. If there’s a way to run code on a bio chip, I need it. I wouldn’t sell my firstborn, but definitely my leg. We need a chip-implant with a alarm. Yeah, some kind of basic always-on power source to make the clock tick. A capacitor that won’t explode and rupture the flesh. A alarm to make you remember what’s important. Friends, lovers, family, but yeah, also the latest chip implant tech. Keep on the good work.

2 Likes

calm down it’s not even really released yet