Just installed my xmagic today what are the magic homies doing with theirs?

I did a self-install at home this afternoon (my 4th) in the L0 position. So far swelling is minor with no bruising and no sign of infection (knock on wood). I can’t read it with my phones, but I’ve been able to read both ends of the implant with dedicated readers (kbr-1 and the LF equivalent). Interestingly the xDF2 I put in R0 also doesn’t read on phones -only on kbr-1 and the like -my skin must be thick there or something. As of 28NOV I’ve been a forum member for 2yrs and as of 7DEC I’ll have been an implantee for 2yrs and I couldn’t be happier except that I want more, More, MORE! But what are y’all doing with your xmagic implants?

4 Likes

Got mine in L0 too :+1:

I reserved the Xmagic access control that changes regularly. It’s my “program as needed” implant as the others are setup for specific uses. I was getting tired of re-programing the implant I use for my daily driver every other days/week :grin:

2 Likes

That’s awesome. I plan on doing that on my next trip in January.

1 Like

What phone(s) do you have? If you’ve got an android the xdf and xmagic ‘s HF side should be able to be read, iOS however is restrictive in the chipsets it will read.

1 Like

I’m using the mfare side for a hidden compartment lock and my bedroom door lock (enoker fingerprint lock.) Just setup rohos to utilize the mfare with ac1252u for Windows login also.

2 Likes

Don’t be disappointed if it doesn’t work on hotel door lock.
Most of them have craptastic reader and don’t register the implant (most of them have a hard time registering a full size card to begin with :roll_eyes:) the keyring are your friends

Mifare 1K is pretty common for hotels, but newer systems with desire are popping up …

4 Likes

That’s good to know. I’ll try it regardless of course, but I’ll try not to get my hopes up too much. I’ll be staying in 3 different hotels so it seems like even with my luck one ought to let me bring the magic. I’ll still keep the issued key device with me when i go out.

I’ve got an s21 by Samsung and an LG g7.

Sounds like a good setup -thanks for the info.

1 Like