Laces out and bevels down

Ok just something I’ve noticed, every video I’ve seen of someone getting their implants the person doing it has the bevel of the needle pointing up. The guy that did both of mine had the bevel up(maybe that’s why it’s seems like he installed it too deep). So has anyone had someone actually follow the bevel down advice and does it make a differance?

2 Likes

This just came up in another post actually.

3 Likes

My body mod artist has used bevel down for two of my installs. No scarring and added bonus of not getting stabbed in the jaw muscle during my tragus install

1 Like

Ha, great minds think alike
I did this previously

???

Only had bevel down, No issues, perfect placement, quick heal, immediate reads, no bruising… BUT I have No Bevel up to compare to

3 Likes

I insist on having the piercer do bevel up myself, to ensure the chip can’t take a dive when it leaves the needle if they fail to retract it enough and the chip has to force its way through the meat. I don’t seem to have any issue with scarring, pain or anything. It works for me, so I’ll keep doing it if I implant something else in the future.

I reckon the point is rather academic anyway: I think the chip is better guided towards the skin surface bevel up, and the bevel down crowd thinks there’s less scarring. But ultimately it probably doesn’t matter one way or the other.

2 Likes

i self-installed with bevel down, and after 2 weeks the mark is a little pink dot. unfortunately due to never trying it bevel-up, it’s hard to compare the difference first-hand (hah)

one upside to bevel-down is being able to focus on just the point, not the hole, so the insertion was really precise.

but yeah, like mentioned, there’s that risk of the point coming back out the skin, which almost happened. luckily my friend (who was tenting my skin) noticed in time, and we were able to re-adjust and finish the installation just fine.

so honestly the biggest advice i have for going bevel-down is to have a good friend keep their eyes on the path of the needle. if you’re too focused on pushing that thing through the fascia you might not even notice that you’re giving yourself a new piercing.

(EDIT) here’s a pic i just took of a bevel-down installation after 2 weeks

1 Like

I mean to be fair I’ve only seen like 6 videos ( all on DT beta group on Facebook).

1 Like

Ya I sorta think one of my implants “took a dive through the meat” as you put it, which makes sense.

1 Like

How hard is it to turn the needle once you made the first punch?
Would it be worth it or an idea of first going bevel down. Then once your in turn it to bevel up so you don’t risk of cutting into more?

1 Like

Personally I do it bevel down because that’s how amal does it and reccomends and he’s been doing it longer than anybody.
but to answer your question in Theory you could insert it spin it around but the problem you would encounter would be the “arms” of the syringe may get in the way therefore whichever way you decide is not right or wrong as long as it works for you.
bevel up and bevel down as workedsuccessfully for everybody

3 Likes

:thinking:
What would putting the needle in sideways do I wonder. A circle had 360°, we only talk about 2°, the other 358° must feel left out
:rofl:

3 Likes

Or 181⁰ in Celcius
:rofl:

4 Likes

someone has to do it. someone has to get 360 different implants and report their findings.

“implant #234: my world is pain and my skin is swiss cheese.”

7 Likes

You donate the implants I’ll figure out where to put them. I could rent myself out as a Christmas tree during the holidays.

3 Likes

get a HUGE version of the HF LED Power Bracelet and hula hoop it!

2 Likes

Are we trying to cook him or light him up?

I don’t know about a hula hoop but a belt would be cool lol. Can you imagine the looks you would get. But like CanuckCold mentioned, I wonder how much heat that would produce.