Latest interesting things that have been done in the field of biohacking?

I definitely think payment implants is one of the next newsworthy stories out of biohacking land, but because of the inhibitions of the EMV member companies it’s slow going at this point.

We’re still very much in the “hacking” phase of payment, converting existing contactless cards in a host of countries. The technology to pay with an implant acting like a payment wearable which will not expire in the same way a normal card does is all in place and ready to go. We’re literally waiting on MasterCard and Visa to just shoot the starting pistol.

It’s honestly just down to discrimination if you ask me. They’ve run out of technical excuses to stop us. If anyone is public about their converted payment implant then MasterCard can just deactivate it remotely and then your stuck with a bricked implant. If I thought it would do any good I would pursue interviews to bait them into shutting my implanted card off just to raise some publicity about how unfair their treatment of us is. It wouldn’t matter though, there’s more Mark of the Beast nutjobs afraid of payment implants than there are forward thinking biohackers willing to get them.

3 Likes

Without christianity we would be 1000 years in the future! Probably even more. I hate religion, I tolerate it, but I hate it.

I think this is one of the only ways. I remember a similar law suit about a bus ticket implant.
I also make sure to always say it’s a Mastercard implant when people ask.
I think we should just market it like Mastercard was on our side, so they get all the religious fanatics hate without actually helping us.

3 Likes

Payment implants are implants. Very much biohacking. I ain’t got no beef with that.

The Sentero is not a biohacking device. If it was, then a wristwatch would be a biohack to gain the sense of time - and while technically it is, nobody calls it anything but a friggin’ wristwatch.

The Sentero is a wearable. Clever, novel maybe. But it’s not biohacking.

1 Like

A watch is no sense of time, a wristband that vibrates every x minutes is.
I’d say it totally is biohacking. While they have a utterly crap marketing guy, they still make a product I’d consider biohacking. It is admittedly sketchy af tho’, they try to be biohackers so hard it’s not even funny anymore.
It integrates over touch, you learn to sense and not feel it vibrate, much like a magnet implant.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure we’ve had this discussion before ad-nauseam. Let’s just agree to disagree m’kay? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi and welcome!

Since the popularity of micro computers (Arduino, Pi…) there were several small applications developed that could be implanted under the skin.
The breakthrough will happen either when power sources will improve in safety, longevity and capacity or the power consumption of devices will drastically decrease. (Solar panel under the skin.)

The other break-through would be credit card companies saying yes to payment chips.
The technology is pretty much in front of them to be approved, and a bunch of Beta testers can’t wait to get implanted.

I wouldn’t describe Cyborg Nest as ‘not the real thing’, despite their business strategies are different. My orientation skills are :poop: , I can’t wait the Sentero to arrive! (I’m not advertising, I actually need that stuff!)

The ‘new hype’ might be LED implants and haptic devices under the skin in the close future. Similar to Moon’s project: https://nextnature.net/story/2020/moon-ribas

Good luck with your project!

3 Likes

wait, what?? :sweat_smile:
* whistles out of tune *

2 Likes

Yet, I agree with you that when that comes through we will see a big leap in the numbers within the community.

Also, as already said… Magnets, which are not a new thing at all, but just got a potentially innovative perspective (given that they are meant to not suffer from perceptive decay anymore)

I would also risk and say that there are plenty of wearables out there which are laying the foundations for fields we can jump into… but that’s still pretty much within the “microchiping” aspect of it, which isn’t so new, in essence.

1 Like

I’d personally say Sentero is still biohacking, in reference to how the wearer adapts to it and uses it in their everyday lives, but definitely not “cyborg technology” like they’re marketing it to be. It’s a wearable. Innovative, maybe, but I agree it’s not exactly big news, and it’s not bringing anything new to the table.

Looks like it’ll be very useful orientation tool - and by opening the public up to the idea of adding new senses through technology, more will become open to the actual integration of that technology into their bodies.

The hasty use of “cyborg” all over the Sentero info page of their website does bug me, because like I said, this is not cyborg tech, at all. It’s a wearable.

The most you’ll get cyborg-wise from Sentero will be the optional xSIID implant you can get with it. Even so, the implant doesn’t seem like it will have much practical use pairing with Sentero anyways. Just another stab at opening up the public to REAL cyborg-ization, albeit a lousy one.

Of course my Sentero hasn’t arrived yet… they’re aiming to have the product shipped out to the first backers in February 2021. So until then I can’t say anything definite on how good of a product Sentero will be.

Perhaps on my YouTube channel I’ll do an extensive review of the product. We’ll see.

1 Like

The problem with the word “biohacking” is, if anything that enhances or modifies the body is biohacking, then anything goes. Wear specs to biohack your eyes. Drink vodka to biohack your sense of balance (drink enough and you’ll biohack the direction of flow from your mouth to your stomach too). Look at a compass to biohack your sense of direction. Rub Preparation H to biohack your achy ring.

By that token, anything that enhances a naked human being is biohacking. That is, virtually everything since the dawn of time, when a clever homo sapiens noticed that chewing on willow bark relieved headaches. Some marketdroids have latched onto this - strictly speaking correct - idea and created entire lines of patently ridiculous and obvious “biohacking” products, ranging from sleeping masks to chocolate bars, targeted at new-age fools.

There needs to be a line drawn somewhere, and I personally draw the line at any add-on that stays permanently inside your body - be it implants or foreign DNA.

By the way, this idiotic trend isn’t new: the word “hack” itself has been used and abused for years. It used to mean repurposing something (after it stopped meaning only cutting something into pieces of course :slight_smile:) Now the internet is replete with “life hacks” of all kinds. Those used to be called “tips and tricks” and “grandma’s recipes”, and they usually describe things that are as old as dirt and that everybody’s known forever. But hey, it’s a hack, so it must be new!

2 Likes

12 posts were split to a new topic: Discussion - What is a cyborg? :robot:

Yoo! I missed that!
I was looking for this link

1 Like

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: The anti​:no_entry_sign:-derailment​:railway_car: & thread​:thread: hijacking​:gun: thread​:thread: :interrobang:

Biohacking is the most recent craze to emerge from Silicon Valley. It describes those Biology lovers who are driven by a desire to push the boundaries of natural science in new and extreme ways. The growing popularity of Nootropics — pills that claim to improve various brain functions in humans – is the most inventive form of this DIY biology.

you have an interesting pattern of activity

3 of your 4 posts are replies to > 1 year old posts
and one is a random comment with no reference or reply to anybody.
All 4 are statements
Do you need a hand with anything or any questions we can answer for you?

Hahahahahaha

Minor improvements in current function versus completely new functionality.

Wherever you copied that statement from was obviously written by a snake oil salesman.

1 Like

Wait… did he copy that from somewhere?? :thinking:
Could swear I was reading an original piece there…

Hi, do u have any info on walletmor?
I’m considering buying a chip of them.
Or would u suggest a DIY option.
I’m starting to genuinely consider that tbh.