Lockdown Playlist

The Belko Experiment
The Kingsmen 1 & 2

TV Series:
Biohackers
Salvation

2 Likes

Biohackers was surprisingly good tbh, I really expected them to butcher the topic but they didnā€™t do too badly.

Idk if these count, but here are some more which might fit:

• I Robot
  • Bloodshot
  • Surrogates?
  • Terminator series?

I very recently watched Possessor by Brandon Cronenberg (son of that David Cronenberg), which was about an assassin/saboteur who uses a brain implant to pilot someone elseā€™s body. I really enjoyed it and it had some beautiful VFX and camerawork and a very cool sense of anachronistic style. The pacing, especially in the uncut version, may definitely not be to everyoneā€™s taste, though.

1 Like

I really liked that one! I think Bruce Willis is actually quite a good actor, and I liked that Surrogates was a lot more ā€œseriousā€ than the otherwise similar Gamerā€¦
And Terminator, at least the first two parts, are definitely something one should see. Anything from part 3 onwards isnā€™t really worth watching, I think :wink:

It was, although I think it was too obvious who was good vs. who was evil in thereā€¦ to sacrifice several individuals to get rid of lethal diseases for all mankind is not that unusual in the history of medicine, and I think this was discussed too little in the series.

A little recommendation if someone likes cyberpunk-y stuff: Altered Carbon. Season 1 (forget about season 2ā€¦) is just great, incredible aesthetic, nice story, surprisingly good actors (got a little crush on the main character :smile: ).
Westworld, season 1, was also quite an interesting thing (s2 is not that good, but still worth watching), and I liked The Expanse as well, though this one is rather Sci-Fi and not really anything cyborgish.

Yolandiiiiiiiiiiii :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Have you ever seen the footage of these two before they did the Zefside video? They were to drama school nerds, and the Die Antword thing started as a jokeā€¦ the tats were all fakeā€¦ etc. but after they caught on it became real for them of courseā€¦ but it was so odd watching videos of those two wearing normal clothesā€¦ no tatsā€¦ nothing specialā€¦ just smiling and joking around like two nerds. I am now completely unable to find those videos or links anywhere because of course they have probably been washed off the internet to protect appearancesā€¦ but yeahā€¦ a true case of life imitating art.

Another quick search just finds videos of them doing various music shows and thingsā€¦ but man, there was a serious set of stuff of just them playing around and being ā€¦ normal? like a couple of normies ā€¦ if you know what I meanā€¦

1 Like

Haha yeah I remember them from the Max Normal era :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve seen Die Antwoord perform live at music festivals, does that count too? :slight_smile:

Yep - thatā€™s what I love about them. Itā€™s very artificial, very ironic, and people actually take that all for realā€¦ Both Ninja and Yolandi are more ā€œwork of artā€ than ā€œartistā€, they kinda created themselves in a way few perfomers do today. So, a very unique thing, and I just like them though theyā€™re far from my ā€œusual musical tasteā€ā€¦ but the videos are just insane :wink:

1 Like

Damn you now I have that song stuck in my head

I literally just stared it Friday.

Altered carbon on netflix

1 Like

I came across this guy on Reddit RPAN, and caught the end of his set. He is streaming on twitch, and it has been some pretty good house music. Guess he does this on Sundays.

This is my first time visiting twitch, I didnā€™t have to sign up for an account to listen.

I just started watching ā€˜Barbariansā€™ on Netflix, a German show (please, watch it in German with subtitles. So much better.) Itā€™s pretty kickass!