Lodestone PICO : Finger magnet fun for everyone

I wasn’t gonna say anything :shushing_face:

2 Likes

Maybe, possibly, it could kinda be an inductor

2 Likes

I guess technically there are such things as wire wound resistors and kind of that’s sort of what an inductor is or at least could be. It does have a resistance because of the length of wire inside… So… sure :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Any Electronic bit can be a resistor, if soldered incorrectly enough

9 Likes

Just like any diode can be a zener if you try hard enough…

1 Like

Materials FINALLY arrived this morning to start the new batch!
(30% of the materials that is… The rest is on its way)

6 Likes

A few hours of soldering layer

@amal do you prefer 20% now and the rest in a couple weeks (so you have stock for the holidays) or would you rather get the entire order at once sometime in December?

4 Likes

Let’s take the lot when you’re ready.

2 Likes

@Pilgrimsmaster can we remove this bit?

Since they will be on DT and no longer available through Patreon I’m afraid people could get confused and subscribe to Patreon unknowingly.

1 Like

I removed the Patreon link with it also, is that what you wanted?

1 Like

Yeah it’s in the GitHub readme anyway
Thanks

1 Like

I got a notice from my mail service that the box arrived… I’ll be picking it up this week and working to get them on the store.

9 Likes

I will order one along with an xG3!

3 Likes

I’m kinda waiting for the Loadstone to show up so I can order that at the same time as my xG3. Is that a good idea, or is Soon™ going to stretch? This girl is very impatient to become magnetic.
:magnet_xg3: :magnet: :robot_cyborg: :zinc:

2 Likes

I’m so far behind on adding things to the store… I’ll try to get things up by end of the week.

8 Likes

Thank you, @Amal. You be the best!

1 Like

Note you should wait quite a while before playing with your magnet. But the lodestone is a ton of fun

4 Likes

I just ordered my xG3! I’m so excited! Plans to put it in L1 on the top of my left hand.

2 Likes

@amal any news about this?

@Az_F I’ll still order a lodestone when they become available, but I wanted to get my magnet in me before I take medical leave from work so I can give it lots of time to heal before I start using it daily.

3 Likes