MacOS user pm3 not communicating?

installing the pm3 on macOS, went through most of the process but then keep getting the following message:
hare/proxmark3/firmware/fullimage.elf
[+] 0x00102000…0x0014b78f [0x49790 / 588 blocks]

@@@ @@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@ @@@ @@@
@@! !@@ @@! @@! @@! @@! @@! @@@ @@!@!@@@
!!@ !@! @!!!:! @!! !!@ @!@ @!@!@!@! @!@@!!@!
!!: :!! !!: !!: !!: !!: !!! !!: !!!
: :: :: : : :: ::: : : : : : :: :
. … … . . … … . . . . . … .

… OK

[+] All done

[=] Have a nice day!

js-MacBook-Pro:~ jwo$ pm3
[=] Waiting for Proxmark3 to appear…
[=] Session log /Users/jwo/.proxmark3/logs/log_20210915.txt
[=] Using UART port /dev/tty.usbmodemiceman1
[!!] :rotating_light: ERROR: cannot communicate with the Proxmark

any suggestions on getting the pm3 to communicate with mac? possibly a power issue as I stepped down from USBC to USB?

My first thought is, are you plugged into the PM3 correctly, (top short edge) if not, you aren’t the first and won’t be the last…

Next, it my be the button press and hold dealio you need to do…I’m not sure if it is the same on PC and Mac sorry. but should be in the same guide as I linked below :arrow_heading_down:

Otherwise are you following this guide?

There may also be some pointers in this recent thread if you get stuck along the way

The DT Info instructions are old. You need to use brew install --with-generic proxmark3 per the instructions from Iceman.

wish it were that easy, plugged into the right port and following guide exactly. just not getting the results :speak_no_evil: Thank you for trying. I have absolutely no clue what I’m doing and appreciate the simplicity of your answer. all very important questions.

1 Like

system does not support rosetta 2. It’s an oldie but a goodie