MagicFlex Install and Notes

How’s the healing going, @vampire_blue? Hope its still going smoothly now that it’s out.

2 Likes

fully closed, still big ass lump, im pretty certain its dead skin? idk

It dosnt hurt and i forget it exists so we will see what comes of it

2 Likes

Update: The Good, The Bad, The Sad

The lump has gone down but is definitely not going anywhere any time soon, no issues with stitches this time

But with such lump, I am not sure if I really think opening that scared pocket back up is a good idea, and it was always the plan to have it in my left hand, so… i don’t know if it’s going back in. and it is not in that hand.

The reason I’m even hesitant for a re-install even if somewhere else is how the flex range has gone since I first bought it almost 6 months ago, blinkies are no more, many issues with the implant in others have gone wrong, and I obviously was not an exception from that.

I don’t think amal has done anything wrong, and for the time I had my magic flex, I adored it. But maybe I’m not cut out for big round flexes just yet, I might just get some smaller implants and maybe the regular-sized rectangle flex.

I spent a lot of money on this custom, and I’m sad to see that go. But once i have some money saved up i know ill be going straight for another, but something “less dangerous” XD

7 Likes

I feel you…
I’m pretty sad about all our losses here as well, but then again… we had the chance to test that, and we finally provided quite a lot about information about what may fail and why. So ultimately, I think we helped Amal a bit, and made some very interesting experiences by doing that :wink:

3 Likes

Shame to hear the sad part…

But glad your hand is ok now.

Being pioneers will always have risks, though… At least you’re taking it well, and that speaks a lot about you! ^^

Wedges have been quite consistent already.
It is a bio-compatible form factor.
It’s suited for smaller bodies.
LEDs on them have not yet failed (that we know of).

Maybe that’s the way to go. :upside_down_face:

Hope your lump gets re-absorbed soon!!

That is a great way to see things!!

And I would go even further!! you guys helped much more than just @amal. your bravery helped the whole community! and in some extent, even humanity, by helping us push forward with human augmentation.
:grin:

2 Likes

Although there is a new form factor…

:crossed_fingers: it works great though

I got my MN in that new wedge form factor.

Reviewed a bit on the Flex MN thread, but I need to properly test/compare it.

Yeah, your review makes me concerned about the performance of the new style, however it could just be the chip

Exactly.

Although range should not be that affected by the chip, especially when you expect the new antenna to have better performance than the old one. :woman_shrugging:

Regardless, we know a wedge shape which is well tested! ^^

That’s not a phrase you hear everyday!

:laughing:

1 Like