Midwest meetupšŸ¤– / cyborgs conquer Chicago

Todayā€™s date, written in the correct format is

20.Jan.2022

No confusion at all.

2 Likes

Whatever date format, can we set it from a week after I win the lotto? :stuck_out_tongue:

Doh I meant 3-19-22
I clearly have no concept of what year it is or what month

1 Like

Iā€™ve fallen back into not knowing what day it is. When I used to drive trucks, I never knew what day it was, just that I had 3 days to get from California to Massachusetts lol

My ā€œnormalā€ time has no meaning, Iā€™m either working or itā€™s the weekendā€¦. Has been cranked to the extreme

Iā€™m currently NOT working because I was exposed to someone with Covid, according to hr anywaysā€¦

So Iā€™m not working, but it may or may not being the weekend? Iā€™ve also been having some non 24 hour reasserting itself, so if I canā€™t see out a windowā€¦ god only knows what time it is

Apologies lol

1 Like

Soooo

March 19th 2021? Drinks and pizza in Chicago, along talking tech and implants

That was the best date?

Whoā€™s in? The following showed interest
@Mondaytothursby
@darthdomo
@invalid_signal
@Backpackingvet
@philidelphiaChickens
@nate
@DrinkABeard

Iā€™m in!

Works for me.

Maybe a poll @Eriequiet
:man_shrugging:
just a thought

Iā€™m not sure if you have done one before, but feel free to DM if you need a handā€¦

1 Like

I can not make it :frowning:

jelllyyyyy, i volunteer with the institute of transparent police out of chicago; never been tho

I should be able to. I need to request it off. But that shouldnā€™t be an issue.

2 Likes

For those that are going, (I plan to fly in Friday if weā€™ve settled on the 19th) would it make sense for us to all stay at the same hotel and rent like 2 minivans for getting food/drinks? if weā€™re doing implants as well being at the same hotel would make that easier. Just a suggestion though.

1 Like

As of now I plan to come!

1 Like

Iā€™m not opposed to a hotel or something, just depends on timeline wether I just drive back or stay the night

Hi Everyone!

I just created a thread for the Circle City Con 9.0 biohacking village! I am looking for suggestions on what the community would like to see in an implant-oriented biohacking villageā€¦but also a great excuse for all of us Midwest biohackers to meet up IRL finally. @darthdomo

1 Like

@Synthia seemed to be wondering if it was possible to make sure the venue is under 21 friendly.

I assume because drinks were mentioned.

The current plan was for 3floyds I believe,
Which appears to be a breweryā€¦
Their website says 21 and ID for orders containing alcohol

That sort of implies under 21 could be there,
And then some other source of theirs says parent or guardian must be present for under 21, but If your over 18ā€¦youā€™d legally be your own guardian no?

I tried to give them a analog phone call, but too late in the day

Either way, Iā€™m open to alternativesā€¦ I just donā€™t know the lay of the land

Pizza and beer for those of age is all Iā€™m personally looking forā€¦ preferably maybe a room we can rent or not get kicked out of it we want to hang for a while
ā€¦ I donā€™t think installs will be allowed on site before anyone gets any ideasšŸ˜‚

1 Like

Lol if you want installs onsite, I got the bar for you! XD
Last time I was at 3 Floydā€™s, I was sonly asked for ID when I got a beer. They didnā€™t ask for ID when I came in or went on the tour.

Hmm, can anyone confirm that their actual restaurant/bar place is open? Some of the reviews make it sound like it was closed a bit ago, and their website only talks about curbside pickup.

I would definitely be up to alternatives, something accessible via L-train or bus would be nice, as 3floyds is pretty far from Chicago itself (across the border in Munster). I was considering potentially getting to Chicago via alternative means (I can take a shuttle from here to Chicago for $40, saves the issue of driving myself). Iā€™m not ruling it out, I can still find a way to get there (including driving if I have to), but itā€™d be easier if it were somewhere in Chicago itself.

If we did some kind of casual restaurant/bar, thatā€™d fix the 21 issue, but it would also make hanging out for long periods more of an issue.

Iā€™ve got a few buddies from Chicago, Iā€™ll see if theyā€™ve got any recommendations for places where we could chill for a while while still being able to drink + eat some za.