Missing Implant

There are generally some pretty meaty veins in the back of the hand but I agree with the consensus that it’s unlikely to have migrated that fast. Given the valvular and torturous nature of veins as well as the low pressures involved I really couldn’t see something the size of a NeXT getting to your chest. Either way, if it did then it wouldn’t get past the plural capillaries so would deffo show on a CXR.

If it’s not there then it’s not in your body…

2 Likes

Something that happened to me and has happened to others is inserting the needle, pushing the chip out with the plunger, pulling the needle out, and the chip gets pulled out with the needle - either saying inside the needle or falling on the floor and you don’t notice it. You think you’ve been implanted, but in fact the pocket is empty. This is more common than you would think.

But in this case, thewardedone reports that the implant was ringing for a couple days. So either he was in fact hitting the old NExT, thinking it was the new one, but the new one was never there in the first place (highly unlikely), the new NExT wasn’t installed deep enough, managed to poke out of the entry hole undetected and came out completely with a bandage change or something (highly unlikely), or it managed to migrate so far up his arm that it doesn’t show on the hand/wrist x-ray nor but not so far that it would show on the chest x-ray (highly unlikely).

So… pick your highly unlikely theory.

4 Likes

Or it could me migrating slowly and is still somewhere in the arm. But I doubt it.

Maybe the tin foil hats have had it wrong all this time and the government conspiracy isn’t to secretly implant us all with chips… but to remove them :thinking:

3 Likes

That’s one I haven’t heard before :slight_smile:

1 Like

Could be, given that the veins will only increase in bore proximally from the hand I would have expected it to make its way centrally by now if it has at all…

As @anon3825968 said though, let’s choose one of the highly unlikely scenarios…a CT would solve this conundrum, albeit with an unhealthy and possibly unnecessary dose of radiation…

3 Likes

Thanks @greydoc and @anon3825968
This is certainly puzzling. I’m waiting on the va to make the images of my chest x-ray available to me so I can post them here. Who knows how long that will take with them.
Am I incorrect in the assumption that if a vein was punctured during install, there would be significant bruising in the area?
Thanks!

1 Like

Potential not significant but definitely noticeable.

to date 2 of my implants have migrated after a period of time. my xdf2 went from my hand to a spot in my wrist that is protected in such a way that it moves back and forth as i bend that hand. my vivo spark also moved from my hand past my wrist and now sit on my forearm. both implants have each moved about 4 inches (10cm) from original location.
i would suggest that you try scanning your arm from wrist to elbow to see if you can locate your implant. when you do find it try putting a slight bit of pressure on it and pushing it back down into a location that you would be comfortable with it being.
because your chip migrated and now has a channel to move in, it will never again sit in its original implant location. from here on in its best to keep it from migrating too far away by keeping an eye on it

1 Like