My DIY LED tag....well the electronics anyway

@anon3825968 @darthdomo Only other thing I wanted to add was that I did check out Amal’s post you linked and I totally see what you mean and how he credits amber to be the dimmest, but I would like to also point out he’s saying that in reference to the 4 different colors of the same LED, which at that particular brightness, or with that particular line-up of 4 LED’s that the green was brightest and that Amber/Red was the dimmest. I can’t tell for 100% certain if Amal was implying that that applies to all implantable LED’s and their relative brightness beneath the skin at any intensity, or if he was just applying that fact to those 4 LED’s and that is not a rule that holds true with all implantable LED’s in general.

nope it’s just the characteristics of the LEDs that dsruptive chose for their SiiD module, which we use to make the xSIID implant with.

1 Like

I’ve been busy with work stuff so not had chance to do a great deal on this but I’m back on it! @amal I’ll contact you on the weekend. I did plan on doing a full-on video but anything I’ve got camera wise just doesn’t deal with bright LEDs very well, no matter what settings I play with. Also I can’t be spending too much time on film production. Just a couple of things to optimise but it is basically there. Flags seems to be the theme! As I’ve a fair selection of LEDs I did try a rainbow version but the let down is the purple. Well you’re in UV territory really and they ain’t particularly bright given the constraints of the available harvested energy.

12 Likes

Crap, I gotta get to miniaturizing the power bracelet asap so that we have something to power these things by the time they become implants!

Excellent work.

10 Likes

Where can I throw my money? :star_struck:

8 Likes

And your post isn’t link stuffing because…?

2nd Spam post in this thread in one day.

Sorted

1 Like

Just make a real post about it, so you know, all see it.

2 Likes

Looks like the advertising department just got fresh funding. Gee…

1 Like

Re: The Spammer.

I invoke the BAN HAMMER!!!-

No not really, just a blagger ;-). I’m an RF/electronics guy, but I do like the idea of the added convenience (utilising RFID/electronics) in my life, and if I can add a bit of LED bling then so be it. There’s other RFID related things I’m working on where my ultimate goal is to add functionality that can really help people.

2 Likes

god did you check their website? $99 for a virtual event (their lower end ticket)

They also don’t seem to know where they want to hit, some speakers seem like intelligent people talking about Genome Editing and the other 80% are just nutrition bloggers talking about Biohacking diets

1 Like

Well, there’s one born every minute, so there’s a market for that sort of thing :slight_smile:

1 Like

The thing that gets me about these people is their assumption that their target audience (me in this case) is stupid. It’s deeply insulting.

Case in point. They almost always make their user name the same as what they’re hawking. I’d quuote it to prove it, but Pilgrimaster already cleaned up the offending mess.

Do they really think no one notices? Or that it helps their shitty advert campaign?

Then don’t watch TV, else you’ll feel deeply insulted each time there’s a commercial on - which is 90% of the time.

1 Like

No tv. Not really anyway. I have a 50" monitor.

Plus, I got my own pirate radio thing going. So… no Ads.

1 Like

Any chance of me purchasing one of these to send to Amal? I was thinking of having one of these implanted, and a tattoo put over it. If he is open to it of course.

1 Like

I don’t know where it is at, but I imagine Amal is working with Paul T to bring a product to market.

What tattoo are you thinking of to go over it? The mandala you spoke about or something else?

2 Likes

My artist hasn’t drawn anything up yet, but similar to this,

Then the blinkies will be where the 3rd eye is.

2 Likes

Also, no proof of this. Just figured I would ask.